Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

well done Rog.

You get an annual check now?

If you don't mind me asking, are you gone 40?

I had a test when i was 30 that showed high levels. They tried me on statins but i was allergic so nothing was done and I've never been tested since or had it mentioned.  Is there an age where annual checks might be allowed?

I do fear it could be a timebomb waiting to happen really.

Rog69

Quote from: Something Fishy on 29 June, 2011, 10:43:48 PM
well done Rog.

You get an annual check now?

If you don't mind me asking, are you gone 40?

I had a test when i was 30 that showed high levels. They tried me on statins but i was allergic so nothing was done and I've never been tested since or had it mentioned.  Is there an age where annual checks might be allowed?

I do fear it could be a timebomb waiting to happen really.

I'm 42 and I've been on Statins for about 6 years now, my Mothers side of the family seem prone to high blood pressure and cholesterol. It's annoying as I eat a pretty low fat diet, but I'm happy that it's well under control.

I get an annual check because of the prescription for the statin, I have to see the Doc once a year to get it renewed so he tends to do several other tests at the same time as well as checking my BP, I had an extra test this year because I was concerned about one of the possible side effects of the statins (a muscle wasting condition) but I'm all clear on that front too  :).

I would seriously go back to your doc's and get tested again and get some advice though, remember, ninjas and cholesterol are the silent killers!

TordelBack

Good news, Rog.

Quote from: Rog69 on 29 June, 2011, 11:16:08 PM
I would seriously go back to your doc's and get tested again and get some advice though, remember, ninjas and cholesterol are the silent killers!

I've never had a (physical) medical check-up of any kind as an adult.  I even somehow managed to get my life insurance without a medical.  When our family GP was asked for my medical records, he reported that I apparently didn't have any.  Now at the doddery age of 40 the whole prospect of finding out has assumed bowel-loosening proportions.  That, and I can't begin to afford the €60 that even an initial GP visit will cost in my wonderful country.  The joy of being a male stereotype.

Yours pretty much just waiting to drop dead any day now,

TB.

Something Fishy

Quote from: Rog69 on 29 June, 2011, 11:16:08 PM

I'm 42 and I've been on Statins for about 6 years now, my Mothers side of the family seem prone to high blood pressure and cholesterol. It's annoying as I eat a pretty low fat diet, but I'm happy that it's well under control.

I get an annual check because of the prescription for the statin, I have to see the Doc once a year to get it renewed so he tends to do several other tests at the same time as well as checking my BP, I had an extra test this year because I was concerned about one of the possible side effects of the statins (a muscle wasting condition) but I'm all clear on that front too  :).

That makes a a lot of sense.  The muscle weakness problems were what i got right away so i couldn't stay on them sadly.

You've done me a favour, that's the prompt I needed to go back and get checked again.  10 years is too long to leave it when I know i had high levels anyway.

I've just phoned up and they want me to have a fasting blood test.   Mum has heart disease so it is a genuine concern really. 

That's your good deed for the day Rog!

I think this is a bigger threat to me that Ninjas  :lol:

TD: do you have an NHS there or is it all chargeable?  It's definitely worth getting checled at some point when finances allow i think.  the 40's are when problems start to emerge for many.

Dandontdare

I've had several large JDs, i'm sitting in my favourite venue Band on the Wall waiting to see my favourite folkie singer/songwriter, Martha Tilston

Rog69

Quote from: Something Fishy on 30 June, 2011, 10:59:43 AM

You've done me a favour, that's the prompt I needed to go back and get checked again.  10 years is too long to leave it when I know i had high levels anyway.

I've just phoned up and they want me to have a fasting blood test.   Mum has heart disease so it is a genuine concern really. 

That's your good deed for the day Rog!

I think this is a bigger threat to me that Ninjas  :lol:

Nice one Fishy, good luck.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 June, 2011, 08:04:06 PM
I've had several large JDs...

This cloning lark is getting out of hand (Rule 34 in action).

Wils

After meeting each other on this very messageboard, this Monday coming marks the 8th anniversary of me and the beautiful Malchidiel becoming a couple. I've had 8 years of sarcasm, piss-takes and being told I smell of wee as well as being loved immensely and cared for so much by (IMO) the loveliest and most sadistic messageboarder ever. The messageboard has come in for a lot of stick over the years, but without it and if she hadn't have been signed up for it, we would never have met. Thanks, Mighty One!

SmallBlueThing

Congratulations to the both of you! Does that effectively make Wake Cilla? Should we all buy hats?
SBT

Something Fishy

Buttonman

Quote from: Wils on 01 July, 2011, 12:42:58 PM
After meeting each other on this very messageboard, this Monday coming marks the 8th anniversary of me and the beautiful Malchidiel becoming a couple. I've had 8 years of sarcasm, piss-takes and being told I smell of wee as well as being loved immensely and cared for so much by (IMO) the loveliest and most sadistic messageboarder ever. The messageboard has come in for a lot of stick over the years, but without it and if she hadn't have been signed up for it, we would never have met. Thanks, Mighty One!

Fantastic! First message board wedding? I'll start looking for a hat!

Mikey

Good work Wils and Malchi! It's flew by...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TordelBack

Great news Wils and Malchi!  And just think, with the drastic reduction in the amount of sex you'll soon be having you'll have  the chance to post here more often! 

<<==Looks nervously at his own post count... ah, still, married life!

COMMANDO FORCES

New neighbours moving in next door and they look normal and they actually work for their money, great times!

Carolyn had a chat with them and they just want a quiet life. After two years of hell due to the two scum scrounging families it looks like we may have a peaceful time again  :D :D :D

Dandontdare

They'll probably be serial killers - they always "seem quiet and keep themselves to themselves"