Main Menu

Complete Mean Machine Angel

Started by Max Headroom, 20 December, 2018, 04:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

Thinking about which stories would make for welcome collections, a complete edition of Mean Machine Angel's appearances struck me as something that has not been done in its entirety before and could be considered. Omitting 'The Judge Child Quest' (due to its considerable length), but focusing on all his other appearances in both Dredd and solo stories could make for an interesting collection. I have detailed below what I believe to be a comprehensive list (please feel free to tell me if I have missed any) of what should feature in this prospective compilation:

Destiny's Angels - progs 281-288
Dredd Angel - prog 377-383
A Merry Tale of the Christmas Angel - prog 450
Travels With Muh Shrink - progs 730-736
Son Of Mean Machine - megs 2.63-2.72
Visiting Time - meg 2.82
Mean Streets - meg 3.37
Born Mean - meg 3.69
The Geek - meg 3.74
Support Yore Local Bastich - meg 3.75
The Last Vidshow - meg 3.78
Butt Me Deadly - meg 3.79
Angel Heart - megs 218-220
The Mean Machine Goes To Town - JD Annual 1982
The Mean Machine Gets Married - JD Annual 1983
Psycho Analysis - Sci-Fi Special 1995
Close Encounters of the Mean Kind - Sci-Fi Special 1996
Judgement on Gosham - JD Yearbook 1994
Fifty Year Man - prog 1536
You Are Mean Machine - meg 2.47
The Three Amigos - megs 3.02-3.07
The Mean machine - JD Poster Prog 3
Tales From The Black Museum: Rising Angel - meg 358

Coming in at 23 stories I appreciate this would constitute a particularly hefty tome; so perhaps it would be better split over two volumes (preferably hardcovers) charting the progress of one of 2000ad's most iconic and enduring villains.
Any other Squaxx agree?

I, Cosh

Barney reckons you've missed a couple from the later Progs and one from the 96 2000AD Mega-Special.
We never really die.

Max Headroom

Okay, updated to include:

Headbangers - prog 1084
Turned Out Quite Nice Again - progs 1207-1208

(The Mega-Special 1996 story 'Mean Streets' I had included citing meg 3.37)

Make it happen Robo-K33F!!

sheridan

You've got Judgement on Gosham from the yearbook, but not Judgement on Gotham itself (well, you asked for comprehensiveness).

AlexF

I could go for this - the existing Mean Angel collections do feel a bit empty without having all of this stuff in. But I think you'd have to include a least a handful of episodes from the Judge Child, and probably the Fink story as well, just to get the man's origin in there?