Main Menu

2000 AD Summer Special #1

Started by Judge MANSON, 04 April, 2014, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge MANSON

Hi perps!!

I have just read the long listing of the April 2014 pre-orders form from my Online Comic Shop (86th Floor - UK) AND there is a Prog listed.
Its name is: 2000 AD Summer Special #1. Its cover price is £3.50.

Do someone has an idea about this Prog???  :-*

Thanks for your answers perps. In case you do not cooperate with the authorities, interrogation sessions will be used. No safety guaranteed.  A fee of 350 Creds will be required. Report to your main block entry any informations. False informations will be punished. Have a nice day, perps.
Respect the Law, Citizen! Rebel and you will pray Mercy to my gun!

Frank

I'd assumed it was just going to be a bumper issue of the regular prog, in the same way the year end issue is sort of like the old annuals.

Molch-R

Quote from: sauchie on 04 April, 2014, 06:51:16 PM
I'd assumed it was just going to be a bumper issue of the regular prog, in the same way the year end issue is sort of like the old annuals.

It is not, no.

inkymonkey

Lovely.  Looking forward to it...

inkymonkey

Molch-R, is it planned as a regular thing..?  And if so, how does one get to contribute..?

(I suspect I know the answer to this already, but shall ask anyway...)

GordonR

Fairly sure all the contributors mentioned so far have already been published in 2000AD - so it's not some open call try-out for undiscovered talent, I'm afraid.

oshii

So long as the cover features a group shot of 2000AD characters relaxing on a beach and/or having an ice cream from a Mr Whippy then everything else is just details.

Frank

Aye, it seems like the idea is to highlight a new stable of already published creators following the departure of a few writers to the US, and the apparent return to the idea of pairing relatively fresh talent with old house characters (see Guy Adams's Ulysses Sweet).

Steve Green

Yeah, it's a bit of a mixture, good to see Darren Douglas doing a strip, I was really impressed with that wraparound Dredd cover.

Judge MANSON

By Grud, I almost forgotten that I posted for this announcement... I musta go to the tek infirmary to check my memory chips!!

Anyway, this book will be mine!!

I hope that the future new ongoing Dredd will be released in the 2000 AD Prog size format. I have bough the Underbelly in its US size format and frankly, its unreadable. Fortunately enough that it was published into the JD Meg!!!

So, why not do a special "oversized trade" with the actual Dredd strips, shipped with the JD Meg??? That will be awesome!!

Until then, I have to keep the streets cleaned. Droids from Resyk will have hard works to do. Stay in the path of The Law. Trespass and you will be punished.
Respect the Law, Citizen! Rebel and you will pray Mercy to my gun!

Bat King

I am looking forward to the Summer Special. Not going on a holiday though, my Mum used to buy Summer Specials to read on the train to our hols. I might just go somewhere on a train...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Frank

Quote from: Judge MANSON on 06 April, 2014, 05:48:39 PM
So, why not do a special "oversized trade" with the actual Dredd strips, shipped with the JD Meg??? That will be awesome!!

I hadn't thought about it before, but I suppose it's possible Rebellion might have some kind of deal with IDW which means they can get their hands on that American market material for a price that would make a UK-only reprint in the Megazine, or as trade collections, possible.

Steve Green

Get a cab to the seaside with some warm, flat lemonade and car sickness for the real experience.

Molch-R

Quote from: Judge MANSON on 06 April, 2014, 05:48:39 PM
I hope that the future new ongoing Dredd will be released in the 2000 AD Prog size format. I have bough the Underbelly in its US size format and frankly, its unreadable. Fortunately enough that it was published into the JD Meg!!!

We've not plans to do that - it's already being published in 2000 AD size as it'll be in the Megazine but when it's collected it'll be in US-format size. I'd disagree that it's unreadable - in fact, we received many, many compliments in Seattle last weekend about Underbelly and the decision to do it in US-format.