Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Caught up with the ironing and therefore the Thrillcast today and have to say how delighted I am that Phil Winslade wants to make Lawless the defining story of his career and continue for a long time. Its truly brilliant stuff and long may it continue. One thing that wasn't dicsussed was any plans for a trade release yet?

Molch-R

On the new 2000 AD Thrill-Cast, we talk to Pat Mills about Misty and Tom Eglington about Outlier!

http://www.2000adonline.com/post/724

sheridan

Quote from: Molch-R on 24 August, 2016, 12:00:31 PM
On the new 2000 AD Thrill-Cast, we talk to Pat Mills about Misty and Tom Eglington about Outlier!

Looking forward to listening to that - though not tonight, as tonight is D&D night!

Muon

Really interesting interview about Outlier - it made me think the story had depths to it I hadn't really appreciated until now and made me want to go back and take another look.

Also Pat Mills is always fun to listen to. I remember being fascinated by the girls' comics my sister read in the '80s. They seemed so much more grown up by the stuff about boys with catapults I was reading. The Four Marys was always a favourite of mine, mainly because I liked the title.

Michael Knight

LOL. I used to read my younger sisters 'Bunty' in the 90's as genuingly used to love some of the mystery/thriller stories that it offered.  :lol:

Muon

Yeah, there were some great stories. There was a strong fantasy or horror element to a lot of stuff and many of the stories had a bit of social commentary in them. Well, more than something like Buster anyway.

And the art always looked amazing after turning to them from my humour comics. I guess it's like Pat said: the artists had to handle a wider range of emotions so they were stretched a bit more with characterization. The boys' comics were all about either cheeky chappies playing pranks or hard men having fights. That said, being exposed to the realistic art and slightly more complex storylines of my sister's comics was probably my gateway to 2000 AD.

Timothy

Does the fortnightly podcast schedule mean there will be nothing to accompany Prog 2000 or are we due a one-off special?

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Molch-R on 24 August, 2016, 12:00:31 PM

I right enjoyed this one (actually, I've right enjoyed all of them so far).  I definitely like the historical ones - casting light on stuff from my childhood and youth that, at the time, I had no idea of the creative process behind.  And Ben Wheatley was another good one - a non comics view of the galaxy's greatest. 

If you haven't taken the plunge yet, do so. You won't regret it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

Quote from: Molch-R on 09 March, 2016, 08:23:23 AM
It's the final episode of our EPIC interview with John Wagner on the Thrill-Cast! We conclude with more talk about Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog, his thoughts about the future, and a shock announcement!

www.2000ADonline.com/thrillcast

Thanks again for all the great feedback, we really appreciate it!

It's just occurred to me that I never did say thank you for the namecheck in this. So, uh, thank you. Months too late. Sorry.

I listened to the Pete-Jock-Steve episode during a long car journey tonight and enjoyed it a lot. The best part was, of course, Pete's accent enthusiasm.

Cheers

- Trout

Molch-R

Quote from: Timothy on 14 September, 2016, 05:33:40 PM
Does the fortnightly podcast schedule mean there will be nothing to accompany Prog 2000 or are we due a one-off special?

Your question, answered! ;) With Prog 2000 coming up next week we talk to Brian Bolland, Kevin O'Neill, Peter Milligan and Gordon Rennie about what they've got in store for readers http://2000adonline.com/post/823

Quote from: Trout on 16 September, 2016, 07:09:03 AM
It's just occurred to me that I never did say thank you for the namecheck in this. So, uh, thank you. Months too late. Sorry.
- Trout

No worries :)

dweezil2

What a fantastic podcast Molch-R, I thoroughly enjoyed that and or your interviewees were on fine form!

Consider my excitement for Prog 2000 well and truly tweaked!

Also, if Bolland is in need of a gig, as he states, then confine him to a nerve centre cubicle and don't let him out until he's produced another Dredd tale with John Wagner!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 05 March, 2015, 10:32:37 AM
Quote from: Tordelback on 23 February, 2015, 12:06:29 PM
Caught up on the thrillcasts at work last night (staring into a hole in the ground at 2am in a blizzard, warmed by glow of thrillpower), really good stuff, long may they continue. Although passersby may have been disturbed to hear me shout 'Mania! MANIA!' at frequent intervals.

Just read your comment after I posted mine.

I feel your pain, Brother  :)
just caught up with this...

Me too. I was out for a run and I kept wanting to tweak his little beard every time I heard his otherwise lovely voice say "War!".

I take it this is something we are obliged to rag him about on a regular basis.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

sheridan

The thrills continue - Thrill-Cast: Future Shock has been out for seven days now (and I only realised today!)  Blurb below:

Get the lowdown from the official 2000 AD podcast on THREE brand new Thrills heading your way as the Galaxy's Greatest Comic zooms out of Prog 2000 and into the future!

Guy Adams and Jimmy Broxton discuss HOPE, their fresh 1940s-noir-meets-Dennis-Wheatley series.

Si Spencer and Jake Lynch talk HAVN, the new story for the Judge Dredd Megazine that explores a so-called "perfect society" in Scandinavia in the world of Judge Dredd.

And Ian Edginton and Leigh Gallagher chat about giving JRR Tolkein a good kicking with KINGMAKER, which merges fantasy tropes with a dose of old school SF.

Molch-R

Since New York Comic Con was bursting at the seams, this episode of the official 2000 AD podcast is PACKED with guests in a bumper special edition: http://www.2000adonline.com/post/901

We talk to Arthur Wyatt and Alex De Campi about working together on a new series of Judge Dredd based on the 2012 movie, Chris Burnham about his cover for Prog 2000, Frazer Irving about what working at 2000 AD meant for his career, and Gregory Prout about their prototype Johnny Alpha figure and what more is coming up from 3A Toys.

PLUS we chat to Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and Jughead artist Erica Henderson about discovering Judge Dredd as a "tween"; David Brothers from Image Comics discusses the huge influence 2000 AD continues to have on the American comic book industry; journalist and writer Douglas Wolk explains his passion for Judge Dredd; and The Wicked and the Divine creators Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie chat about 2000 AD's effect on their young minds and introducing Matt Fraction to Nemesis the Warlock ... just before Kieron spits Diet Coke all over the microphone.

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast is the award-winning podcast that takes you behind-the-scenes at the Galaxy's Greatest Comic! As well as interviewing top creators and famous fans, publicity droid Molch-R brings you announcements, competitions, and much more! You can subscribe to the Thrill-Cast on iTunes or listen now atwww.2000ADonline.com/podcast

And since this is such a long episode, we thought we'd supply time markers for each guest:
Gregory Prout -- 00:03:44
Chris Burnham -- 00:13:08
Alex De Campi -- 00:20:25
Erica Henderson -- 00:33:52
Frazer Irving -- 00:42:26
David Brothers -- 00:59:35
Douglas Wolk -- 01:20:08
Arthur Wyatt -- 01:25:58
Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie -- 01:33:13

Steve Green

Dan gets total credit for the colour/finish on the Alpha helmet, I just made the digital model for him to print/clean up/and finish.