Crazy R Raiders
Unamerican Graffiti
Alien Zoo
Borrowed Time
Finger of Suspicion
Lost in Cyberspace
Mega-City Rumble

THE JUDGE CHILD QUEST:

The Judge Child Quest (no colour spreads)
Dead Ringer

Mattofthespurs

Mine arrived this morning.
Mad City & The Judge Child.

dweezil2

No colour spreads on the Judge Child Quest makes me a sad man! :'(

Great collection of stories in Mad City though!  :thumbsup: :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

IndigoPrime

That really is an excellent set of strips in Mad City. Nice to see some classic annual stories in there (such as the superb John Brown's Body). For some reason, I thought Talkback had already featured. Perhaps all those DJ ones merge into one in my head.

Oh, and Unamerican Graffiti? I thought Hachette had confirmed that _wouldn't_ be in the series? Perhaps they just meant not in the Chopper book (which would presumably then begin with the MacNeil-illustrated post-Supersurf race against Jug).

Davgardo

Shame about the Judge Child but after The Cursed Earth & Apocalypse War volumes I guess it's no big surprise. Maybe there'll be a deluxe Rebellion release at some point down the line.

Nice to see Un-American Graffiti & Bury My Knee at Wounded Heart. Looks like a good release - any colour spreads in there?

Dark Jimbo

One of my pet hates is editions of The Judge Child that don't include Block War...! I think you lose a lot without that epilogue.
@jamesfeistdraws

EDazzling

Quote from: Davgardo on 14 August, 2017, 02:21:23 PM
Nice to see Un-American Graffiti & Bury My Knee at Wounded Heart. Looks like a good release - any colour spreads in there?

Didn't clock first time around, but I went back and checked (just for you) and the opening spread of Unamerican Graffiti is in colour.

Pete Wells

Bah, my Insurrection and Missinary Man only arrived today!

Davgardo

Quote from: EDazzling on 14 August, 2017, 02:35:21 PM
Quote from: Davgardo on 14 August, 2017, 02:21:23 PM

Didn't clock first time around, but I went back and checked (just for you) and the opening spread of Unamerican Graffiti is in colour.

Aaah, thanks! Great news re- UG btw. Although, perplexing at the same time when The Judge Child hasn't. Can't believe Block War isn't included. Madness.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 14 August, 2017, 02:29:28 PMOne of my pet hates is editions of The Judge Child that don't include Block War...! I think you lose a lot without that epilogue.
Yeah, that is a shame. One of my favourite classic Dredds. Perhaps it was a page-count thing.

Quote from: Pete Wells on 14 August, 2017, 02:40:12 PMBah, my Insurrection and Missinary Man only arrived today!
If you're a subscriber, ask Hachette to rebalance your sub.

Quote from: Davgardo on 14 August, 2017, 03:11:37 PMAaah, thanks! Great news re- UG btw. Although, perplexing at the same time when The Judge Child hasn't.
Depends what scans are on file, I suppose. At least Judge Child doesn't have greyscale murk, and from a flick-through the b+w linework is fairly good from a repro standpoint.

Tomwe

Quote from: Pete Wells on 14 August, 2017, 02:40:12 PMBah, my Insurrection and Missinary Man only arrived today!
If you're a subscriber, ask Hachette to rebalance your sub.

Is that the correct terminology then? My Transformers sub feels 'unbalanced' since I seem to get the issues after they are promoted but I'm yet to encounter anyone who gets them sooner like the JDMC.

IndigoPrime

Unless things have changed, the way things worked on the JDMC is subscribers were sent issues in 'waves'. This meant some people would get one set only days before others would get the next set. I suspect most don't care, but others might prefer to be among the first getting books. When I asked about this, I was told it was down to when I'd subscribed, leading to me being billed at a certain point, and that they have a policy of not billing twice during a cycle. With my written permission, they'd change that for one month. So they did. I got one set of books and then another under two weeks later.

(Some of this might also be down to with which issue number you start from, too. I started from #2, IIRC, not #1.)

Davgardo

VERY happy with the Mad City volume. Think it might be my favourite so far: Wagner, Grant, Ennis, Fabry, McMahon, Bolland, Cam Kennedy, Cliff Robinson, Ian Gibson, Ezquerra, Jock, Flint, Ron Smith my perfect release.

My one criticism of the Mega Collection has been the inclusion of sub standard Calhab, Red Razors and other Dredd world strips. I think this release shows we could have had say Mad City 2 and Mad City 3 rather than those: let's face it MOST Dredd shorts fit under that loose header! Maybe they'll turn up in the extension.

Anyway, congrats to everyone involved in this and fabulous to see the final McMahon strip from the JD Annual 1982: IMO that annual contained his finest ever Dredd artwork.

Dash Decent

Quote from: EDazzling on 14 August, 2017, 09:38:00 AM
MAD CITY:

Mad City
Crossing Ken Dodd
Slow Crime Day
Caught In The Act
Bury My Knee At Wounded Heart
John Brown's Body
Street Fighting Man
Talkback
The Moby
Sunday Night Fever
Crazy R Raiders
Unamerican Graffiti
Alien Zoo
Borrowed Time
Finger of Suspicion
Lost in Cyberspace
Mega-City Rumble

Lots of good stuff there, but it'll be great to have Bury my Knee and Finger of Suspicion in the same volume.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Davgardo

Just a quick update on the Mad City Volume (for those interested):

Sunday Night Fever doesn't have colour spreads likewise Unamerican Graffiti pt 2.

The repro of the Judge Child Volume is excellent btw as is most of Mad City: the one exception being Bolland's Alien Zoo which is quite frankly awful.