Main Menu

Subscription sales are up!

Started by LARF, 30 October, 2012, 11:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

Just been chatting to Denise seeing as my Prog has not arrived this week, and as always we were chatting away and she mentioned that she was really busy because lots of people are subscribing to the Prog and buying 2000AD merchandise because of the Dredd film coming out.

Got to be a good thing.

P-BOT/1138

does anyone know how many copies are sold every week?
ive always wondered that.

Colin YNWA

The long and the short of it is no (well from the outside) but there was quite a good discussion of the question here the other day

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,37255.0.html

P-BOT/1138

thanks for that. did see the tread but ignored it. of course they sold more back then. kids were kids and playstation and xbox's weren't invented yet. but,still. about 30,000 does sound about right. just depresses me how many progs and megs are still on the shelves at my local smith's every tuesday :'(

PreacherCain

Quote from: P-BOT/1138 on 30 October, 2012, 03:01:03 PM
thanks for that. did see the tread but ignored it. of course they sold more back then. kids were kids and playstation and xbox's weren't invented yet. but,still. about 30,000 does sound about right. just depresses me how many progs and megs are still on the shelves at my local smith's every tuesday :'(

It's pretty damn good for a weekly comic's sales that are almost exclusively in the UK and Ireland. Most American comics these days struggle to sell 30,000.

P-BOT/1138

It's pretty damn good for a weekly comic's sales that are almost exclusively in the UK and Ireland. Most American comics these days struggle to sell 30,000.

30,000 at the very most, mind.
im also the only person at my local comic shop who get the prog and meg.
most people there havent even read a prog.
makes you sick!

JUDGE BURNS

Although I have my subscription, when I am in any newsagents/newstand at a supermarket, I always pull the 2000AD or MEG to the front row as they are always hidden away at the back of the bottom row! They cannot be seen there unless you are very short, so I pull them out ( ooerr ) so that thay be seen by a new potential reader.  It really riles me they are placed at the back.