Oddboy

My favourite cliche is "We'll burn that bridge when we get to it!"
Better set your phaser to stun.

Proudhuff

++My favourite cliche is "We'll burn that bridge when we get to it!"++

I live by that one
DDT did a job on me

The Monarch

(Will we ever stop picking on Bison? Seems unfair, he's a good cop after all..._

The day i do that is when i change my user name to scojo and begin trying to post ideas for future dredd films

Spaceghost

i personally started reading again after about 10 years. i picked up prog 1300 and was impressed by the quality of the stories, wagner still writing dredd and carlos still in the mix. I found the "jumping on point" useful at the time cos I could start reading a load of new stories, but I've now subscribed and find it annoying. I just remember when stories went on for 20 weeks or more and the writers could really get into the stories. one advantage is that sinister dexter stories only have to be endured for 6 or 7 episodes.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Oddboy

Spaceghost - what made you pick up prog 1300?
Was it just the first 2000AD you'd seen in the shops for years & co-incidently a 'jump-on', or where you watching 2000AD for a little while first waiting for the jump-on?
Or was it some Prog 1300 promotion/advertising that reminded you of the Galaxy's Greatest?

Devons Daddy

im divided on this topic.
i enjoy the regular new starts.but i also agree with the fact we sometimes get short changed and rushed ends.its a tough call.

but if it means we get good few new readers every quarter.then it could be viewed as working.

business is business, and as much as we enjoy to think other wise
 WE ARE NOT THE CENTRE OF THE TOOTH UNIVERSE,
i know i dont like it either. but it must make econominic sense to do so.
i long for an epic also though as well.i must admit.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Spaceghost

Oddboy: I'd recently bought the judge dredd mega history book on a whim after seeing it onsale in my local comic shop and was feeling all nostalgic and patriotic for 2000ad. Then I saw johnny alpha on the cover of prog 1300 and picked it up. It's been as good as I remember it except the story arcs seem to be over too quickly.  
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Oddboy

Are you paying attention Tharg?  Relaunch issues don't bring in the old readers as much as a good Stront on the front cover.

zep

sort of the same thing===> ive benn waiting since meg 202 (when i stopped getting it) for a jumping on point (all new thrills). anyone know when there will be one?? please :-)

Grant Goggans

I'd prefer it if they just cut from 4 launch issues a year to three.  At least then you can schedule 15-16 episode stories instead of a maximum of 12 parts.

Also, why start with *all* new episodes or double-length thrills?  Surely four new stories and one continuing from before the launch would work just as well.

--Grant

zep

anyone tell me about the meg??? anyone?