Main Menu

Dredd (2011): What the latest?

Started by Goaty, 23 June, 2011, 10:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

Quote from: Buddy on 23 June, 2011, 03:57:16 PM
Seeing as it was filmed in 3D I very much doubt it'll be going straight to DVD.

Two discs then?
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Steve Green

Leaving aside that the technical execution is not very good (poor model, material, lighting, what looks like stretched blood splat)

Yeah, it looks way too similar the 95 cover.

Mind you, those flyers for (I'm guessing) the shoreline version are cack as well so who knows... if they are real, I imagine (and pray to fucking God) that they're just previz mockups that leaked.

Michaelvk

Hmm. I have my doubts. See my avatar for the official logo..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Emperor

Quote from: Michaelvk on 23 June, 2011, 06:18:57 PM
Hmm. I have my doubts. See my avatar for the official logo..

Yes the whole beak/head region is off.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Steve Green

Yep.

Shallower angle of the top of the badge, the type is different at the base of the letters as well. Even if it was a mockup, I would have imagined they'd have gone to the same source as used for your crew shirt.

Michaelvk

You'de think..

That said, it's been a while since I saw the actual badge..

Psidude

Fake badge looks like a used sanitary pad! :o

Peter Wolf

Its definately not official.

Also the text in the poster is out of focus so you cant read it which seems to be deliberate or else it never occured to whoever took the picture that others might be interested in reading the credits.The only thing i can make out is "Lionsgate".If there is no marketing campaign yet this early on then i doubt that posters have been printed for it.Someone has seen the Michealvk logo and designed and printed their own poster.

"my friends dad worked on the movie"

I wont believe that until i see the poster advertising the film officially.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Michaelvk

..on that note, if anyone 'official' gives me crap about 'leaking the logo', then they shouldn't have had 300-odd t-shirts printed, and that excludes the shirts done for lighting, grips etc. etc..  ;)

Emperor

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 June, 2011, 06:36:36 PMAlso the text in the poster is out of focus so you cant read it which seems to be deliberate or else it never occured to whoever took the picture that others might be interested in reading the credits.The only thing i can make out is "Lionsgate".

If you get the largest version you can zoom in. Credits seem OK:

QuoteLionsgate and Reliance Big Entertainment present a DNA Film production a film by Pete Travis Karl Urban Dredd Olivia Thirlby with Jason Cope, etc.

Ends with:

QuoteScreenplay by Alex Garland based on characters created by John Wagner Carlos Ezquerra

No mention of 2000AD though, not even the logo in the bottom line. Also would it not say "a film by Pete Travis starring Karl Urban..."?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Steve Green

I can read it fine. I guess they could have been nabbed from IMDB though, if someone really wanted to fake it, for whatever mental reason.

I find that pretty unlikely that it's a photoshop job - it's technically rough, but looks like a legit photo of rough mockup.

I reckon it's a mockup that some guy has thought 'My son will like that' and taken it home, and will probably get a right bollocking at least.

- Steve

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Emperor on 23 June, 2011, 06:43:45 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 June, 2011, 06:36:36 PMAlso the text in the poster is out of focus so you cant read it which seems to be deliberate or else it never occured to whoever took the picture that others might be interested in reading the credits.The only thing i can make out is "Lionsgate".

I dont get it as i have looked at the larger photo in flikr and its a close up of the badge without the lower part of the poster.

Never mind as i am probably missing something or doing something wrong.Anyway if this poster is genuine then there must be more of them around and if 300 T shirts were given out then its possible that lots of posters have been given out and if so then they will appear online in due course and if the poster is fake then they wont.

radiator

ISTR that a while ago, Jock Tweeted that he was working on a poster for Dredd.

Now that is going to be one to look forward to...

Oh, and it's Dredd (2012).

Peter Wolf

The individual who uploaded the picture is a massive fan of JD so it seems a bit too much of a coincidence that his friends dad just happened to be working on the film.

This is one of those if it seems too good to be true then it is situations.As for the poster itself i dont like it as it looks like something from the 90s and also the i dont like the splatter of blood as if the film is a splatterfest which i dont think it is and i doubt that those who are at some point in the future but god knows when who will be promoting it will promote it as a splatterfest.I dont like the design of the badge either.

Its a fanboys mock up poster.

Emperor

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 June, 2011, 07:03:44 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 23 June, 2011, 06:43:45 PM

I dont get it as i have looked at the larger photo in flikr and its a close up of the badge without the lower part of the poster.

You'll want this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewxquinn/5838463913/in/photostream

Click through to find download the larger version and you can open it in Windows Picture Viewer (or something similar) and zoom into the text.

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 June, 2011, 07:20:39 PM
The individual who uploaded the picture is a massive fan of JD so it seems a bit too much of a coincidence that his friends dad just happened to be working on the film.

Yes indeed. If you look at his account he has two other posters from two Dredd movies that never happened:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewxquinn/5839037204/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewxquinn/5839037258/in/photostream

Are they right? They look like rather poor quality digital mock-ups but someone like CF would be able to tell us if he isn't already round at that guy's house sneaking in through a window with a bag marked "swag."

It'd be odd for one person to get their hands on those and the mock-up of the new movie poster.

Also there is no Quinn listed in the crew for the film on IMDB (although there are two for the Stallone version), although that might not mean anything.