Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Just finished Season 2 of PEAKY BLINDERS.

It's fookin' great!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mattofthespurs

How have I not watched Black Mirror before!

Man, this is top stuff.

It's better, in my opinion, than Inside No 9, which is my fave TV prog from the last 10 years.

Ok, the first episode is a pretty hard watch (of season 1) but the next one was my fave until I saw the Christmas special which is possibly my favourite bit of TV in the last 10 years ever.

I have yet to watch season 3 and I'm glad season 4 starts on the 29th of Dec. Awesome. Just awesome.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Mindhunter. Very good indeed and Holt McCallany would make a great MC1 sector house chief.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Satanist

Anyone watching Happy! based on the Grant Morrison comic? 2 eps so far and I'm really enjoying it.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Theblazeuk

Thanks for the shout, forgot that was happening.

Mindhunter was good, worth watching for older cynical agent alone. Not quite sure what the 'story' was but was entertaining the whole way through.

Finished off the Punisher myself, s'alright though more of a black ops/spookshow than One Man War on Crime but in keeping with some of the Ennis stuff.

pictsy

I'm nearly finished with Community for the second time.  It's pretty good, but still not my favourite US sitcom which is still Frasier.

Before that I watched what there was of The Good Place to see and that was pretty cool.  I liked the direction it took and Ted Danson is enjoyable to watch in it.

TordelBack

Having got up to date with The Good Place and drokking loved every single thing about it (inveterate masturbator and eternally frustrated coke fiend Mindy being one of the greatest characters ever committed to the small screen), we have turned to Crazy Ex-Girlfriend by way of a methadone programme. Great stuff so far.

Mardroid

Quote(inveterate masturbator

I just read that as 'invertebrate masturbator' which is just... wrong...

Dark.

The recent German series on Netflix, I mean, not my comment above. The default is British dubbing, which I changed back to German and switched on the subtitles.  (I prefer to watch foreign language stuff that way. I want to hear the original language, even though I don't understand it, and I don't have an issue with subtitles.)

While I found the shere amount of characters a bit daunting, it's not that difficult to follow, and it's really interesting mind-bending telly. Highly recommended.

Goaty

Merry Xmas!

As got iTunes gift card so not sure which three series to pick,

The Wire
The Sopranos
Boardwalk Empire.

As watch first two once on TV many years ago and loved it!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Goaty on 26 December, 2017, 08:54:03 PM
Merry Xmas!

As got iTunes gift card so not sure which three series to pick,

The Wire
The Sopranos
Boardwalk Empire.

As watch first two once on TV many years ago and loved it!

Not watched Broadwalk Empire, but can't got wrong with either of the first two!

von Boom

I've not watched it in a few years so I've dug out Black Adder. Such a great series.

Magnetica

Game of Thrones.

I know I am late to the party and wasn't going to bother.

Well that would have been a mistake.

My wife and I are currently devouring the box set of seasons 1 to 7 and are up to mid season 4 ([spoiler]Tyrion's trial with Javier Pena out of Narcos about to fight for him)[/spoiler].

What is great about it is the huge ensemble cast and not knowing who to root for. Basically there are no nailed on goodies and baddies - everyone is doing what they are doing for a reason ( in their view anyway.) well apart from [spoiler]Joffrey and Ramsay Snow anyway and possibly Cersei.[/spoiler]

That all means it is impossible to guess what is going to happen (spoilers not withstanding) as it's not a case of knowing the good guys will win, as it's not clear who the good guys are [spoiler] well may Jon Snow is, but I guess he isn't going to end up as the King at the end.[/spoiler]

And please guys and gals - no spoilers in replies. Thanks.

The Legendary Shark

I was late to this as well and absolutely loved it for the reasons you mention - and the humour. My favourite line has got to be [spoiler]"The Dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant!"[/spoiler]

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

How strange that Black Adder and GoT should get mentioned in consecutive posts here, barely a day after I noticed that there was an unannounced Black Adder/GoT crossover...

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.