Main Menu

Celebrity Fans

Started by pert, 20 September, 2013, 10:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sauchie on 22 September, 2013, 06:54:01 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 22 September, 2013, 06:50:23 PM
We should make 2000ad - the album as a downloadable playlist. Featuring all the songs, and songs by bands, that are inspired by 2000ad.

Clever bugger Douglas Wolk beat you to it, James. His spotify playlist can be found here.

There's one missing.

Frank

Hardly celebrities, but since I've already derailed the thread - Z Stacks and The Big Meg.

I, Cosh

I assume that playlist includes Transvision Vamp's Hanging out with Halo Jones?

I'm not sure who the fan was, but I used to be on a Mute Records mailing list (or maybe it was their MySpace page or something) and their messages were always signed Clara Pandy.
We never really die.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Cosh on 22 September, 2013, 11:29:14 PM

It's a Dredd-centric rather than 2000AD playlist and lacks [urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gJAtw3EfFQ]The Fink Brothers[/url]

JOE SOAP

It's a Dredd-centric rather than 2000AD playlist and lacks The Fink Brothers

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

JamesC

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 22 September, 2013, 11:41:55 PM

It's a Dredd-centric rather than 2000AD playlist and lacks The Fink Brothers

Yes there should be a 2000ad one that features Transvision Vamp, The Fink Brothers, Shriekback etc.
Maybe even include songs by Halo James and whatever Human League song it is where he's wearing a Dredd T-Shirt in the video.

radiator

Probably more of a 'grew up with it' rather than a current reader, but Charlie Brooker has been known to slip a few obscure 2000ad references into his Guardian articles from time to time.

I believe Chis Nolan was/is also a fan.

And apparently Die Antwoord too.

radiator

If we're talking fans of the 2012 Dredd film rather than the comics, I can think of a few:

Kevin Smith
Jay Baruchel
Nick Frost
Charlie Higson
Phill Jupitus
Scroobius Pip

shaolin_monkey

Has anyone mentioned Sue Perkins, of 'Sue Perkins Block' fame?

ming

Although I'm sure he'd hate to think of himself as a celebrity, Kevin Foakes (AKA DJ Food, Strictly Kev) is definitely a pretty high-profile Squaxx.  As well as regularly featuring 2000AD-related items on his blog (http://www.djfood.org/djfood/) he commissioned Henry Flint to do artwork for the cover of his 2011 album The Search Engine, which also featured a track titled In Orbit Every Monday (another track, The Illectrik Hoax, was a nod to the old Milligan & McCarthy Sounds strip).  Not to mention a pretty glorious collection of 2000AD artwork...

Oh, and he also got a spot in The Streets of Dan Francisco as the Strictly Kev gang :lol:

von Boom

I think we can say with some certainly that Stallone is NOT a fan. ;)

Goaty

Quote from: von Boom on 23 September, 2013, 02:50:30 PM

Who?

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: von Boom on 23 September, 2013, 02:50:30 PM

How about Danny Cannon...? ;)