Main Menu

WANTED: Rogue Trooper Action Special

Started by -Rogue-, 18 March, 2009, 08:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Rogue-

Like the title says, I'm after the Rogue Trooper Action Special.
I've tried eBay etc but cant find it.

If anybody wants to sell I'll be more than happy to buy.

ThryllSeekyr

//http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/CoverTitle.aspx?id=876f032f-25d8-45f4-ba85-77a4f7e7d5e1

I'm not sure if they are selling thsi one or they are telling me it's unavailable, but apparently it's very rare.

-Rogue-

Yeah, doesn't seem that site is selling it.
No option to buy or anything =/

Looks like it'll be a job to get a hold of this ^^

Devons Daddy

is this a  one off summer specail type of thing or the annaul,
i have the annual though no intention to sell. sorry  :?

if its the annual i may wish to add. its wonderful some of the greatest scripts ever written. the art is so good it deserves to be used as the ceiling mureil in the nerve centre.
gosh its so good i only look upon every fourth year and then only two pages. using silk gloves.
and tinted lenses so i do not allow sunlight to damage its vibrant colours.

its worth selling you kidney for. not that i wish to upset you in anyway. but really. its the holy grail of this kind of thing.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

-Rogue-

I'm not too sure to be honest, here is what it looks like.

Devons Daddy

i have that one.
 though the colours are slightly off in this or my computer screen is not doing it justice.i am sure the actaul cover has rogue in a lighter blue rather then the slightly green tint it offers here.

i received it as a gift from a kind chap i swap comics with out here in singapore.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

-Rogue-

Quote from: "Devons Daddy"i have that one.
 though the colours are slightly off in this or my computer screen is not doing it justice.i am sure the actaul cover has rogue in a lighter blue rather then the slightly green tint it offers here.

i received it as a gift from a kind chap i swap comics with out here in singapore.

I envy you! =P
Any idea as to where I might be able to get hold of one? Or are they really rare?

ThryllSeekyr

Rio De Fideldo

The Action Special was a soft cover comic.

According to Barney it contained

Venus Bluegenes
Genesis (Rogue Trooper Action Special ) 6 pages
Script: Dan Abnett, Artist: Cliff Robinson, Colour: Alan Craddock, Letters: Gordon Robson

Rogue Trooper (Friday)
Gaia (Rogue Trooper Action Special ) 11 pages
Script: Steve White, Artist: Dougie Braithwaite, Colour: Alan Craddock, Letters: Gordon Robson
Story continued in Shakedown

Shakedown (Rogue Trooper Action Special ) 15 pages
Script: Steve White, Artist: Steve Tappin, Colour: Alan Craddock, Letters: Gordon Robson
Story contiued from Gaia

REPRINT MATERIAL
Rogue Trooper
Rogue Trooper 1 episode (Prog 228) 7 pages - Read Online
Script: Gerry Finley-Day, Artist: Dave Gibbons, Letters: Dave Gibbons

What Barney doesn't say is how garish the colours are, and they're garish alright.

I think there may have been an artcile or two but don't remember Rogue like this (Fr1day never happened as far as I'm concerned. A fever dream)

satchmo

I think it has a history of Rogue Trooper and episode guide type thing, it's a while since I've read it though...

radiator

Yep, think it also has some diagrams/technical drawings of tanks and planes and stuff.

Large48

Its from 1996.......

Not sure that adds anything to the party!
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

M.I.K.

There's a page of stuff about Friday's equipment, a 2 page diagram of a pretend tank, a 2 page diagram of a pretend aeroplane and 4 page history of Rogue Trooper which includes a story guide.