Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie boy

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 October, 2012, 12:10:57 PM
maybe it isn't lamb, maybe pig? Long-pig?
Is that a deliberate mention of an obscure 90s band or did I read that reference in thanks to a hangover?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fdbblQ2HMc&playnext=1&list=PL612BABCB7FAB0B77&feature=results_video
Yes, that is a young Richard Hawley in the pic; he was the lead guitarist.

Buttonman

Hoy! Take your off topic chat outside. Tom, take a coat.

We found this chic diner in San Sebastian called Meek'don'als. They cater for the lonely and unpopular by having 'friends' on the walls for you to mix with :

All was not how it seemed however - all too late I heard 'It's a trap' and was caught in the Drath Vader creating machine. Again!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Nice green bogey in that last one.

Lock up your spoons!

Link Prime

I hope that's some misplaced McFlurry coming out of your nose!

Buttonman

It's not a bogey it's abit of misplaced McFlurry coming out of my nose. Thank you for your concern.

Here's a tasty Italian with a boss side salad.

and the pudding. The wife got a 'Magnum mix' which was 4 ice lollies still in their wrappers. In comparison my panna cotta was a bit dull.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Buttonman on 19 October, 2012, 07:07:04 PM
We found this chic diner in San Sebastian called Meek'don'als. They cater for the lonely and unpopular by having 'friends' on the walls for you to mix with :

:D This is the greatest marketing tool ever. Come dine with your billboard pals. In the future there will be be virtual dining halls where you can 'party' with pixelated people. It will make a fortune.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

TordelBack

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 21 October, 2012, 11:27:30 AMIn the future there will be be virtual dining halls where you can 'party' with pixelated people. It will make a fortune.

It'd definitely work better without the nerd mannequin in the foreground.

Charlie boy

Quote from: Buttonman on 21 October, 2012, 11:08:08 AM
It's not a bogey it's abit of misplaced McFlurry coming out of my nose. Thank you for your concern.

Here's a tasty Italian with a boss side salad.

and the pudding. The wife got a 'Magnum mix' which was 4 ice lollies still in their wrappers. In comparison my panna cotta was a bit dull.

How to go from looking confused/concerned in a restaurant to full of joy in one easy move!

Buttonman

Back onto breakfast with some more tasty fruit - some cracking fresh figs here. This hotel had a free cava bar and this picture was taken on the morning of our 6th anniversary. Keep the drink coming I say!

Buttonman

This place served up our anniversary dinner and unlike the marriage it was not an unqualified success. The goat's cheese and fried chillis starter was a bit strange and my steak (pictured) was tough and undercooked. Still smiling though due to the adequate chips and excellent vino tinto.

Link Prime

That sauce looks strangely...disturbing.

COMMANDO FORCES

Buttonman

Quote from: Link Prime on 23 October, 2012, 08:51:06 PM
That sauce looks strangely...disturbing.

I think it was a peppercorn sauce but a bit bland.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 October, 2012, 08:53:58 PM
Is that plate big enough?

No. I could not spoon on my side salad or large roll.

Frank

Plates are round. Square crockery is of the devil.

Buttonman

Not many left now - Hurrah!

We can then move onto 'packed lunches I have enjoyed' - Boo-urns!

This was a tasty 'pizza trumpet' - I'm pretty sure that's not it's correct title but it was a deliciious short crust pastry cone filled with warm cheese, chilli beef and a rich tomato sauce. Place was just over the road from the Guggenheim in Bilbao - tell 'em I sent you (and apologise for the olfactory nightmare in the bathroom).