Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Proudhuff

yahooo! 23rd favourite thread returns!
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Cheers Tom and Carolyne!

After a heavy night of fried food I went for a low key breakfast. Here our hero is enjoying some grapefruit, natural yogurt and some red berries. Toast and Nuttella was later scoffed.

For lunch we went to a bird sanctuary which had hides and free to borrow binoculars. I felt it would be poor taste to eat anything feathered so had the lovely ham and eggs instead. The chips were great - double fried so they are crispy and fluffy all at once!

von Boom

What's that green stuff next to your chips?

Dandontdare

he's from Paisley, he won't know

Buttonman

Of course I know! It's garnish that has not to be touched!

Old Tankie

That's my favourite meal!  Without the green stuff!  Have you been to Gorleston or Lowestoft.

Buttonman

No, but I did see some Lowestoft signs!

Buttonman

We normally mix it up between decent restaurants and straightforward pub grub so that the budget is eased and I get my chips. Here's a pub dinner in Great Yarmouth. If you want the full story my Tripadvisor is here.

The food was a touch expensive at £12.95 for this plate of chicken and prawn noodles. There was loads of it but it was gloopy and chewy.

Next up the purple polo shirt, that 15-1 rejected, makes its first appearance. This was in our hotel in Great Yarmouth which is profiled here.

Continental breakfast was included in the rate but anything else, even toast, was charged. I had these pancakes for £3.95 which were OK but nothing memorable.

Off to the prom now and a stop off for a coffee and a Bakewell tart that I shared with the wife. It was ok but the icing was solid and there was not enough almond flavour for my taste.

We made it to the Pleasure Beach only to find it only opened Wednesdays and weekends - it was Monday! Never mind, we went to a nice open air tea room for a tasty baked potato with cheese and a large cream bun to share. This place had tame sparrows that hopped onto your plate to steal food. Very tasty they were too!

Evening meal now back at our hotel, the Andover House. It has a good reputation for its food and although well deserved it was a bit fussy for me. This chicken Kiev was nice but there was no hot pocket of butter within although my wife said I reeked of garlic for the next two days. Can't be bothered with this 'bed of pureed peas' nonsense although the veg were tasty.

CrazyFoxMachine

BOOYAH.

The Pub on the Prom didn't know what it was getting itself into when it served you two that fateful day!!

For years after their heads will hang with shame when they hear the words "adequate" or "forgettable" - KNOWING THAT THEY HAVE NOT ENTIRELY IMPRESSED THE MIGHTY BUTTONMAN. They might as well close their establishment RIGHT NOW. To save the tears. To save the months of symbolic buttons being sellotaped to their door.

"Oh god"
"...what is it Maurice?"
"It's another fucking bu-"
"DON'T. Don't say it Maurice I can't bear to hear that noun again."

*pregnant pause*

"BUTTON."
"No Maurice, no!"
"BUTTON BUTTON BUTTON BUTTON"

*he breaks down in tears and falls down in front of the door*

"Shall I get us a cocktail, Maurice?"
(recovering slightly) "Yes, yes that'd be nice"
"2 for 1?"
"Yes please"
"Both the same?"

*he stares at her, the button falls to the floor*

fin

Buttonman

Thank you for your wry commentary on my wry commentary!

The bastards at Tripadvisor deleted my Mr Data photo which makes my comment seem a bit random. Here it is below. Do the assembled sci-fi masses think this is a coincidence or was it made to celebrate that episode where they were all in an Olde time ship on the Holo-Deck?

ThryllSeekyr

Gees, u eat very well, better than I do.

James Stacey

It was totally worth not dying, just for the joy this thread brings.

Proudhuff

I thought Dismaland was a bit further south, obviously not.
DDT did a job on me