Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

The greatest show on earth continues. Bacon and waffles. Mmmmmmm....bacon.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

lincnash

Quote from: Buttonman on 02 September, 2017, 09:35:10 AM
Quote from: lincnashOZ on 02 September, 2017, 02:33:43 AM
My previous post was just for laff's, you do look a very slim man B-M.

Hey no worries - no offence taken - I have been a fat git 75% of my adult life so the small oases of less fat git deserve all the scrutiny they get!
:lol:
Quote from: lincnashOZ on 02 September, 2017, 02:33:43 AMDesert = Pavlova with Kiwi and Strawberries on top (sugary sweet meringue)
Nom Nom Nom.

Surely not? You know what Jug McKenzie said about NZ!
Perhaps I can tempt you with Pavlova Extreme then ? = Kiwi, Strawberries AND Passionfruit.

Its a Dessert for "Adults Only".
If you dare feed it to kids, you cannot get them of the ceiling.  :D

Buttonman

Hmm a bit much fruit there - I am Scottish you know!

Off to an Italian for a nice three courses which sadly proves Dandontdare's passage of time/booze on the plate tilt face meme to be accurate.

This was a green salad with some chicken. It was OK - the chicken was beaten to an atom thick and then deep fried so it was very crispy but lacking anything of a chicken flavour.

This pizza was quite nice but I ordered a Diavola and this was barely a spicy pepperoni. It was thin and crispy and of course I ate the lot.

Just a mouthful of wine left and a nice chocolate pudding. This was like a warm muffin with a liquid chocolate centre - tasty!

Old Tankie

Buttonman

Quote from: Old Tankie on 03 September, 2017, 12:07:38 PM
Nice shirt.

Thank you - me, Ted Baker and some guy on eBay thank you!

When you are in Barcelona do you go to one of the Michelin starred restaurants or perhaps you would prefer the local tapas? Bang wrong! you go to a 50's themed American diner called Peggy Sue's.

This was a decent mall option with the usual favourites as well as a table side juke box (ours broke after I requested 'In the Year 2525')

Here's me with the chili beef nachos - these were pretty good although, as always, the toppings had gone long before I saw the bottom of the bowl.Pure greed!

Next up I had the burger - what else? This was a build a burger affair and I got bacon, blue cheese and some other stuff I don't remember. I should let the chef decide what makes a good blend as mine was all over the place. Was quite tasty though and I ate the lot.

For pudding we stopped at a frozen yogurt shop. This was poor compared to Chicago where you can stuff a virtual sweet shop onto your yogurt and pay by the ounce. Here 2.45 Euros bought you a small tub and two toppings. I went for white chocolate smarties which were as hard as bullets against the cold yogurt and granola as I couldn't think of anything else. It was OK but tasted suspiciously healthy.

BONUS PIC

For those of you who think this job is easy, this is what happens when an amateur attempts a plate tilt.

Proudhuff

The term long suffering springs to mind...
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Out for lunch in a Spanish street cafe specializing in Andalusian food - better get the spag bol. Like Henry Hill in 'Goodfellas' I lamented my spaghetti in marinara sauce was little more than egg noodles with red stuff on top.

A bit of bar hopping later on with that old favourite Patatas Bravas delivering the goods. These patatas were crispy yet fluffy. The sauce has a Maire rose tinge too it but it was tasty enough and soaked up some of the beer.

Proudhuff

Did you know the boy behind you was having a w**k as you did your bit to camera?
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Yes Tom, Choking the chorizo is not an uncommon sight.

Going all sporty now at the rowing lake built for the 1992 Olympics. I ran around it a couple of times before fagging out at the onsite cafe for a nice burger.

It was a tasty treat despite being served on a tray. Let's have a close up - you can really see that ooze.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Keep this up and you'll end up wearing out your arteries and needing some kind of robotic heart.

Oh.
Lock up your spoons!

Fungus

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 06 September, 2017, 09:03:18 PM
Keep this up and you'll end up wearing out your arteries and needing some kind of robotic heart.

Oh.

Yeah. Stress testing the latest model from the looks of it, nice work if you can... etc, etc....

Buttonman

Gentlemen please - if you look closely a slither of lettuce is clearly visible in that burger.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Buttonman on 06 September, 2017, 10:18:44 PM
Gentlemen please - if you look closely a slither of lettuce is clearly visible in that burger.

Say it ain't so Butt'man. No true Scotsman and all that. I thought you were cool.
You may quote me on that.

Buttonman

I never said I ate it!

Fancied a bit of chicken one night and it took us a while to track a suitable place down. It was worth the wait - this herby bird was bone licking good despite the plethora of salad trying to obscure it.

Here's the same dinner with added wife.

Buttonman

A ten minute train ride took us to Sitges for the day. Very nice it was too - quite touristy but what the hell let's tapas!

We munched through 8 (ocho) in this bar and with two beers each the bill was only about 20 Euros.

Some tapas as hot 'caliente' but they don't reheat them. A top tip I learned after filling my plate is to take them one at a time as the various offerings are delivered from the kitchen.