Main Menu

Top Tip !!

Started by PeterWolf, 08 June, 2007, 08:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Heres how to get rid of those problem indian call centre spam calls.     I just answered one of these by accident on the downstairs line.     Just tell them that you would like a Curry delivered asap.
     If they say they dont do Curry then insist they do.Keep insisting and arguing with them until they get fed up with it and hang up on you.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Buttonman

Have you thought of applying to Big Brother?!

Peter Wolf

It has csossed my mind but only if the people are right  otherwise i would last about 10 minutes.   I would need a seperate room or something.

[YT-2]

>It has csossed my mind but only if the people are right otherwise i would last about 10 minutes. I would need a seperate room or something.

must be your great way with words and wonderfull personality

Peter Wolf

some would say that and some would say the opposite.

ThryllSeekyr

I might try that as we have been getting alot of Indian telemarketers calling us. Espeically at night.

Mike Carroll

If telemarketers call you - whatever their nationality - just stop talking. No matter what they say, don't respond. Eventually you'll be put on a "difficult customer" list and they'll stop bothering.

Or...

If you really want to freak them out, ask them what they're wearing.

Peter Wolf

they can be a problem and not because they are indian.  I dont care where they are from.

but i dont like their rude manner.  They wont say who they are at first and if you say you are not interstyed thanks they talk back to you.You ask them not to ring back and they do.  Its always number withheld.    they ring you up at 8.45 pm and dont realise that that isnt curtious to do that.   I dont ring people up and make business calls at that time on a friday night.

I just wanted to play them at their own game.So what if it is someone earning a living.I didnt ask them to call.

I am going to get them blocked as no matter what you say they keep coming back.

Dudley

Go to the website linked below.
28 days later, all calls from telemarketers will cease.

In the UK, you have the privilege of livin in the world's most tightly regulated telephone marketing zone.  All you have to do is spend 5 minutes filling in a form, and every telemarketing centre will remove your number from their lists.  They do so because there is an automatic and very harsh sanction for breaching the regulation.  

Then you can relax, pour yourself a nice lager, and carry on uttering standard and faintly boring racist shibboleths to your hearts' content.

Link: http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/" target="_blank">Telephone Preference Service

SamuelAWilkinson

So what if it is someone earning a living.I didnt ask them to call.

What a wonderful human being you are. You're clearly aware that all these guys love their jobs and people like you just make them go home with an extra warm glow that night.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Proudhuff

Just say 'I'll get my Dad' place the receiver beside the phone wander off and do the dishes or something, come back 5 mins later do this a couple o times and hey presto never again  I worked for me.

Daddyhuff
DDT did a job on me

Wils

If you really want to freak them out, ask them what they're wearing.

Heh. Along similar lines, after not responding to them for a while, very calmly announce that you're in drag.

Peter Wolf

It is probably the only way they can earn a bit of cash as call  centres are the main employers there, but my point is that if i dont want whatever it is that they are selling then i have a right to decline if i want to.   And if i say please dont call back as i am not interested then that should be enough.  Thats just normal.

The people who get the most flak for doing their job are Traffic Wardens.      Theres no point being unpleasent to them either and if you are nice to them then they let you off or give you a number to ring to get the penalty lifted.       So it pays to be nice

Steve Green

I'd be more sympathetic if they would initially just take a 'no thank you' for an answer, but in my experience they'll keep pushing, until you start pushing back.

The TPS is not 100% reliable, I'm on it but I still get calls from overseas cold callers, usually for 3G phones. I also got a call from Transport for London this morning, so I'm not sure if it covers surveys or only sales calls.

My big problem with cold-callers is they have no idea of your situation when they call, for all they know you could be waiting for an urgent phone call.

IMHO It's pretty much one level above spam, the only difference being that there is a person directly doing it.

- Steve

Rob Spalding

I've taken to telling double glazing callers that I don't have windows.

It especially freaks them out when they come knocking on my door!