Main Menu

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

Started by Goaty, 07 April, 2016, 12:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

I've recently been watching Rebels, which is markedly better than I was expecting. A brilliant prequel series to the original trilogy with just enough call backs (forwards?) too feel like a fair depiction of the empire at this time .Delighted to see personal favorite Grand Moff 'slippers' Tarkin play a valuable role.

If Rogue One can capture that same pre-ANH magic, i'd be very happy indeed.

vzzbux

Just watched the latest trailer. Imperials getting smashed left right and center. Come on give us some realism here. Enough of the Imperial bashing I want to see rebels getting offed in their droves whilst taking on the impossible.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Theblazeuk

Quote from: vzzbux on 15 August, 2016, 07:50:01 PM
Just watched the latest trailer. Imperials getting smashed left right and center. Come on give us some realism here. Enough of the Imperial bashing I want to see rebels getting offed in their droves whilst taking on the impossible.

Just tide yourself over with Empire Strikes Back

Pete Wells

I don't think it's going to end well for many of the rebels of Rogue One. I hope not anyway...

The Enigmatic Dr X

If the last shot of this isn't the opening shot of A New Hope, I'll be suprised. In which case, the characters either all die or are captured by Vader, taken prisoner along with Leia and then killed when the Death Star is destroyed. Which would be kinda ironic.
Lock up your spoons!

Goaty

I dont think Alderaan was Death Star's first kill

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Goaty on 17 August, 2016, 10:31:53 PM

Wasn't saying it was... but we know the plans are stolen while a space battle takes place and then end up with Leia on her father's Tantive IV ship, with Vader in hot pursuit.

"It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy..."
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 17 August, 2016, 10:31:53 PM

Agreed (even ignoring the old EU). Tarkin says Dantooine is too remote for an effective demonstration, and that Alderraan's destruction will test the destructive power of the fully operational station.  Nowhere does anyone say that there were no prior major weapons tests. It'd be crazy if they hadn't blown up a few obscure moons or planets before taking it out in public. Nobody is standing around the control room. nervously wondering if this thing is even going to work.

blackmocco

We're assuming the Death Star actually gets to fire in this movie.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 17 August, 2016, 10:27:40 PM
In which case, the characters either all die or are captured by Vader, taken prisoner along with Leia and then killed when the Death Star is destroyed.

Or escape into exile after successfully delivering the plans to Leia Organa.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Tordelback on 17 August, 2016, 10:45:06 PM
It'd be crazy if they hadn't blown up a few obscure moons or planets before taking it out in public. Nobody is standing around the control room. nervously wondering if this thing is even going to work.

Womp Rats, Beggar's canyon.

sheridan

Quote from: Pete Wells on 17 August, 2016, 05:49:04 PM
I don't think it's going to end well for many of the rebels of Rogue One. I hope not anyway...
Well, we know that any Bothans who appear may as well be wearing red shirts...

Goaty

This is Bothan, again it was 2nd Death Star