Main Menu

New Comic Book Day Megathread

Started by The Adventurer, 08 March, 2012, 09:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

Read Heroes in Crisis today. Really cool idea. DC heroes getting therapy at a sanctuary. A couple killings and a Booster Gold and Harley Quinn. Fantasticly drawn and well written. Does a great job being both fun and heavy. King finishing up on Mister Miracle now feels ok with this book getting released :)

Also, Doomsday clock #7. Quite good, but I "fear" (not that there is anything to fear, but) it's becoming more of a regular comic. Got some major players back in the mix, but most of it ended up as them explaining things to each other with one twist getting a bit too talky. Lost a bit of it's charm I think. With some luck it'll get it back. Regardless, I'll probably finish reading it. I'd like to know what Jones is up to.

The Adventurer

I also enjoyed Heroes in Crisis quite a bit. I get the feeling, [spoiler]things aren't quite what they seem.[/spoiler]

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Apestrife

Quote from: The Adventurer on 27 September, 2018, 12:26:30 AM
I also enjoyed Heroes in Crisis quite a bit. I get the feeling, [spoiler]things aren't quite what they seem.[/spoiler]

definitely! Especially with the Gold and Quinn team up, one penned by King to boot

BPP

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 September, 2018, 01:32:08 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 25 September, 2018, 12:58:30 PM
Quote from: BPP on 24 September, 2018, 10:05:25 AM
Well spoilered on Judge Dredd there fella... sigh.

What that's a surprise?

BPP was expecting Dredd to win by expressing his individual sexuality, possibly by going up several cup sizes and chaining himself to a stake. When he learnt that Dredd behaved in character and just killed everyone, he felt the cold hand of the PC morality police on his shoulder.   ;)

I guess you think this is humour when in fact it's just personal abuse.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Frank

Tordelback is notoriously belligerent and vindictive.

TordelBack

Quote from: BPP on 27 September, 2018, 02:02:40 PM
I guess you think this is humour when in fact it's just personal abuse.

I'm almost tempted to say "offended,  snowflake?", but it was indeed intended to be the gentlest of playful gibes, taking as a starting point the idea that the ending would only be a surprise if Dredd was potrayed completely out of character - much like Halo in that poster we were discussing.  Apologies if it came across any other way. My attempts a humour are seldom successful.

Proudhuff

Well report it if you think its abuse, unless the actions mentioned reflect you gender alignment, I'm not sure you have a case, but try if you're feeling slighted BPP. I'm unaware of anything to do with your personal life, and if anything there reflects that: sorry.

Meantime, Dredd does end most stories with his enemies dead by his hand: 2 Billion plus and counting, or in an Isocube, no numbers for that, but yeah I stand by the comment: you shouldn't be surprised that the outcome of a Dredd story is he kills the baddies... its a comic book.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

EEk! I light load this week, only TWD and A walk through Hell, interesting build up again in TWD. I forgot to do the zombie count in TWD this month... but there are a couple of signs all's not going to plan, still who'd have thought it would all end up in [spoiler]court [/spoiler]!!

A walk through Hell,  is cracking and ends with a [spoiler]fisting[/spoiler] which is nice  :D

Just picked up the collected Trade of Analog so will still the individuals on the ebay pile.

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

I can't stand it when I've not planned it
I'mma stumblin' on a book by sum comicsgate
I can't stand readin' what I can't bare
Cause your comic haul ain't so crystal clear
While you sit back and wonder why
I got this fucking bad comic in my pile
Oh my god, it's not a mirage
I'm tellin' y'all it's sabotage
So-so-so, listen up 'cause you can't say nothin'
I'll read for ya and tell what push of my button
But I've read um and I'm on one
I'll tell you, I keep it on
'Cause what I don't like you should not get
And we can bet so don't you get souped yet
You're scheming on a comic haul that's a barriage
I'm trying to tell you now I'll not sabotage

Whaa!

Listen all of y'all, it's my comics haul

So next time Intergalactic, will someone remind me.

Anyway small haul

Jame Bond Origins 2 this comic snuck on my list and might not last much longer I'm just not that interested, still one more issue.

Hillbilly Red-eye Witchert from Beyond 2 the change in style to allow for the longer form story isn't quite workign for me yet but still great.

Paper Girls 25 end of the best arch for a bit and can't wait for this to be back now... but we'll have to alas.

Shanghai Red 4 bloody revenge of the highest order.

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur 35 FIGHT dinosaur vs Wrecking Crew that's always going to work and the rest is just great too.

Most significent comic of the haul is clearly though Batman The Maxx 1 its just glorious to have the Maxx back and while Sam Keith doesn't seem to nail Bats as I imagine him all of the you realise it doesn't matter as he nails Batman as Sam Keith would imagine him and before you know it your bought in and snuggled back into this fantastic world of crazy.

Colin YNWA

Comic haul supplemental ...

...look I know we now have a 'Last comic you read' thread but this belongs here... like you and me together forever.

Anyway anyone daft enough to have been reading my refined and insightful nonsense over the last couple of years knows I really like writer Mark Russell. Indeed I would like to stroke him in ways that would make him feel uncomfortable I enjoy his writing so much, you know as a kinda hideous reward.

So that said reading Lone Ranger 1 his lastest comic hasn't changed this at all. Even if the villians are a little bit mustache twirly the whole thing is immense fun while starting to build a message I'll subscribe to. Great stuff.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 October, 2018, 01:43:40 PM
Most significent comic of the haul is clearly though Batman The Maxx 1 its just glorious to have the Maxx back and while Sam Keith doesn't seem to nail Bats as I imagine him all of the you realise it doesn't matter as he nails Batman as Sam Keith would imagine him and before you know it your bought in and snuggled back into this fantastic world of crazy.

Really admire Sam Keith's work.
Had to pick this one up.

CalHab

Sam Kieth and Alan Grant did a wonderful and horrifying version of the Penguin in a Secret Origins issue about 30 years ago (and reprinted in the UK Batman monthly, where I saw it at an impressionable age).

Proudhuff

A visit to FP yesterday left me empty handed... so splashed out on a GN:

DDT did a job on me

GordyM

The new Marvel Zombies one-shot was better than I was expecting.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Apestrife

Finished reading the master edition of From Hell #1. Basically From Hell, but with added colours by Cambell. Didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. Looked off in previews, but really good on paper. I find it to be a very interesting take on of my absolute favorite stories.

Anyone else who's also read it? Thoughts?