Main Menu

Borag Thungg from Sheridan

Started by sheridan, 17 August, 2013, 02:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

I'm not sure if I ever posted a welcome thread, but there are 38 pages of posts, so I'll have to take a risk that I didn't and do so now.
When I was young the woman / girl next door (possibly a teenager, but much older than I was at the time) gave me a small pile of progs. I was impressed with what I saw, and within a few weeks started buying the progs. To put this in context, the earliest of the ones given to me had the first episode of Skizz, and the first one I bought had both the last episode of Skizz and the first episode of Sláine. For some reason I couldn't find the next few progs, but I must have managed to track down a reliable newsagent by Prog 335.
It was a good time to get in to 2000AD, with Alan Moore producing some of his finest work. This also meant that later that year, during a period of illness, I had a familiar name to latch on to when my dad brought me a copy of Swamp Thing home from the newsagent.
Anyway, thirty years later I'm still getting the progs. I used to subscribe, but I also like to support my local comic shop - tricky decision to make...

Simon Beigh

How do, sheridan. The subscribe versus support your local store divides many an opinion but I like to share and share alike. I subscribe digitally to the Prog on my iPad, buy the Meg in my local store and also buy the Meg digitally from the 2000AD Online shop. Truth is, whichever way you do it, it's all Thrills galore!

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard Sheridan. Buy the Prog via subscription and buy a Mars Bar from ya newsie. Everyone's a winner!

DrJomster

Welcome aboard matey!

Tricky isn't it, knowing who to support. Does the direct sub from 2000AD give them most money? But then what about the bricks & mortar comic shops and so on... Tricky!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

SKD

I buy my Prog & Meg from the newsagents or local comic shop. Our postie has a habit of folding/screwing up most of the things he puts through our letterbox, ignoring any 'Please Do Not Bend' pleas. So I daren't sub.

Welcome aboard.

Stew. 

COMMANDO FORCES

Bobblehead