Main Menu

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Started by sheridan, 19 September, 2016, 08:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Local radio reminded us that it's today!  Have a good 'un!
Wikipedia explanation.

What did the pirate say when he took his wooden peg leg out of the freezer?

[spoiler]Shiver Me Timbers[/spoiler]

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Professor Bear

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

I've been painting signs and murals for a pirate-themed shopping centre play area for the last three weeks. Just before that I was an extra on Vikings, all covered in manky, sticky fake blood for days.  I've really, really had my fill of historical sea-based plunderers, so I won't be talking like a pirate today, thank you (unless you count the sign I've just finished for 'Polly's Pizzaarrrrs'). 

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rackle

I haven't quite got the hang of the Somalian accent so I've not been able to do much talking like a pirate today.  I've heard a lot of people doing Talk Like a Mumbler though (faux-west country accent).

Silly pirate joke of the swash buckling variety:

Most people think a pirate's favourite letter is R but actually it is the way of the C [spoiler](sea)[/spoiler]

sheridan

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 19 September, 2016, 11:06:54 AM

You wouldn't download a car! *

*back before 3d printing, and the age when you could download a car.

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 19 September, 2016, 02:26:12 PM
I've been painting signs and murals for a pirate-themed shopping centre play area for the last three weeks. Just before that I was an extra on Vikings, all covered in manky, sticky fake blood for days.  I've really, really had my fill of historical sea-based plunderers, so I won't be talking like a pirate today, thank you (unless you count the sign I've just finished for 'Polly's Pizzaarrrrs').
Ahhh - are you the one who paints windows before Christmas in Dublin?  I was thinking it was about the time I visited the land of my ancestors, and I might as well do it when there's a chance of secret 2000AD in-jokes.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: sheridan on 21 September, 2016, 06:31:16 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 19 September, 2016, 02:26:12 PM
Ahhh - are you the one who paints windows before Christmas in Dublin?  I was thinking it was about the time I visited the land of my ancestors, and I might as well do it when there's a chance of secret 2000AD in-jokes.

Well... if you're good, I might throw in some 2000ad stuff again this festive season.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"