Main Menu

E3 2006 - Sony Edition

Started by The Amstor Computer, 08 May, 2006, 09:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bico

Ah, the whole core pack thingy.  Supposedly, I can't really complain as I paid for the full package (a bit disappointed that Oblivion didn't take full advantage of the HD, too), but it's a scummy thing to do on gamers, reducing the simple and straightforward world of casual 'turn it on and it's ready to play' console gaming into some half-arsed pc knock-off that fucks up once you update the internal o.s. - not that I'm bitter.  Just because some other company does it, that doesn't lessen the shittyness.

Radbacker

I didn't see the Povo Pack for 360's anywhere when I went to get mine at launch, I don't think any of the retailers bothered with em over this way.

CU Radbacker

The Monarch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqD2e6fxA5Q&search=metal%20gear%20solid%204

I bet all the raiden haters are pissing themselves laughing right now

Liquid ocelot heh

Gothmog

One for Tanky.

Final Fantasy XIII video from IGN.

Link: http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/826/826843/vids_1.html" target="_blank">Girly Gunblade Gratuitousness

Roger Godpleton

Not to be negative or anything, (well actually I am), but am I the only person who is utterly terrifed about the new "stories" Kojima can inflict on us in MGS 4 with all that extra storage space?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

auxlen

absolutely...i stooped after MGS2. I once tidied up my house and had a bath and the damn scene was still going on!!!!!! Still it forces us to obey the 'you must take a break every hour rule.'

Satanist

After trying for half an hour on Snake Eater to skip all the talking heads I turned the PS2 off and returned the game to the shop.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Bico

I love my first person shooters, but I've avoided Black because much the same criticism is levelled at it - about not being able to skip cut-scenes.  There's a seven minute wait between turning on the PS2 and getting to play the game, apparantly.  I also gave up on Far Cry for the Xbox because of the ridiculous wait for the damn thing to finish it's attract demo (which you couldn't skip).
Sort of erodes the ground gained by the whole 'turn on and play' element of consoles that dragged gaming into the mainstream in the first place, really.

ThryllSeekyr

The Amstor Computer

If you're asking about the PS3, then it's $500 for the crippled version and $600 for the full version. Expect something like ?400-500 for it in the UK.