Main Menu

Oh! The hypocrisy!

Started by Dudley, 03 June, 2004, 08:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

Channel 4 had more than 700 complaints about illusionist Derren Brown's "Live Seance" on Monday night, making it one of the most complained about shows ever broadcast.

The programme showed volunteers contacting the dead spirit of a woman called Jane, one of them even "channeling" her spirit and answering quesions as the ghost, then finished by proving that Jane was alive and well.  The whole thing was designed as a stunt by Brown that showed just how easy it is to convince people that they are seeing ghosts.

Channel 4 will not be taking the complaints seriously as only 30 of them were received AFTER the show was broadcast.

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3773013.stm" target="_blank">BBC News

The Amstor Computer

Psychic complainers, perhaps? ;-)

House of Usher

There had to be complaints. Some people just can't help themselves, can they? I watched it, and I thought it was neat - especially the way he debunked as he went along rather than just going 'ha, had you all fooled!' right at the end.

700 complaints. Wow.

(Twats!)
STRIKE !!!

GordonR

Well, I complained.  Not by anything as dull as email or a phone call, though.  No, I - helped by my dead Indian shaman spirit guide - beamed my complaint in telepathically to Channel 4.

As yet, the swines have still to reply.  

Queen Firey-Bou

what do you expect, tsk, use a live indian shaman spirit guide next time, channeling him won't smell so bad.

Oddboy

Heh... well the guy's always referred to as "illusionist Derren Brown" - that's a clue folks, *it's not real*!

I didn't see it, but I was curious to know what happened...
Better set your phaser to stun.

Quirkafleeg

They should have tried to contact that dead bloke that weird German anatomist in the hat cut up on the last cynical exploitative ratings grabber... sorry ground breaking television - see if he liked the program from over in the other side.

Richmond Clements

Heh... well the guy's always referred to as "illusionist Derren Brown" - that's a clue folks, *it's not real*!

And there is the fact that he said at the start of the programme that what he was doing was not real. Still, it didn't stop them screeming and crying like big babies.