Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

I'm not arguing how nefarious governments can be - that's their job, innit?

I just want concrete facts and firsthand research to base my judgements on, not regurgitated conspiracy theories from the fat guy with chip-stains on his t-shirt and poo-stains in his pants who sits on his couch all day listening to George Noory reruns and scavenging the internet for articles with the same "voice" as his.

I'll listen to anything, I'll believe anything - as long as I have real proof and real facts. Until I get that, I'll smile and nod and think "what a kook".

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 18 March, 2011, 09:19:04 PM
He was real.

Good grud, what despicable cabal of fucking lunatics and premeditated shite-mongers are Wikipedia allowing to write stuff under their name these days?

He wasn't real.

SBT

locustsofdeath!

Brigantian

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 18 March, 2011, 09:07:19 PM
Yep. And have you, sir, done any first-hand research? What is your knowledge, may I ask, of light aircraft vs. passenger planes and the effects each would have on a building such as the WTC? What types of missile could be used to fire on the WTC yet have millions of first-hand witnesses (people on the streets) see airplanes? Did our government get to every New Yorker and threaten and/or brainwash them into claiming that they saw airplanes rather than missile fire? And what kinds of special effects did our government doctor up during LIVE broadcasts?

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to "argue" with you. I can tell your type a mile away. You're the guy who's always right.
Calm down Locust, I'm not always right. That's far too absolute for me. I just like the evidence to at least have a degree of credibility about it. I'm always open to a different opinion and you're right I am not a military weapons expert. I never claimed I was but I've seen the footage like everyone else from the Pentagon and I can't find it in me to see a plane either in the impact footage (such as it is) or in the shocking aftermath footage. A debate or discussion doesn't have to be an argument.

The Legendary Shark

Whilst I in no way vouch for its accuracy or authenticity, the documentary "September Clues" presents some interesting ideas:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8045542387672451515#
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 18 March, 2011, 09:18:00 PMWhat evidence do you have for his non-existence?

That noise you hear?  Bertrand Russell tutting softly.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Conspiracy theories oncerning huge, historically significant events are all well and good, but the really scary ones are the ones about our everyday lives. That little piece of plastic at the end of your shoelace? It's called an Aiglet, its purpose is sinister......I've said to much.......... :-X
You may quote me on that.

M.I.K.

Quote from: staticgirl on 18 March, 2011, 07:42:31 PM
Although I am not convinced by many of the big modern conspiracy theories especially concerning 9/11, the truth is that conspiracies do happen and have happened throughout history.

That.

Quote from: House of Usher on 18 March, 2011, 08:39:52 PM

See that actor bloke in the middle? He once wrote a letter to the aforementioned Fortean Times regarding the plot of the first episode of the spin-off series. To quote from wikipedia...

QuoteThe debut of the show in March 2001, began with Byers' father faking his death to uncover a conspiracy to hijack an airliner. The Lone Gunmen try to get to the truth of his supposed death and uncover the conspiracy.

One retrospectively interesting aspect of this pilot episode is that the airliner has been hijacked (via remote control of the plane's autopilot) and, by the end, both Byers and his father have boarded the plane to try to stop the hijacking. Through the aid of the other Gunmen, they are able to regain control of the plane and just miss crashing into the World Trade Center with the airliner. This, of course, was before the actual 9/11 attack against the World Trade Center later that year. Similar to actual conspiracy theories posited about the events of 9/11, the episode's plot indicates that the hijacking was committed as an act of voracity by a greedy American arms manufacturer to ultimately increase its weapons sales by invoking U.S. retaliation against a scapegoated anti-American extremist dictator.

House of Usher

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 March, 2011, 09:45:15 PM
Quote from: House of Usher on 18 March, 2011, 09:18:00 PMWhat evidence do you have for his non-existence?

That noise you hear?  Bertrand Russell tutting softly.

It's a fair cop!  :lol:

Okay, I'm not looking for hard evidence of the non-existence of Jesus; I'm just saying that an absence of evidence of his existence is insufficient grounds for certainity that he did not exist. This is not at all the same thing as saying that we have no evidence for the non-existence of unicorns, so we cannot be certain of their non-existence either. The grounds for disbelief would be different in each case.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

It's obvious the US government took down the towers. Just look at how good they are at blue on blue contacts.

The Legendary Shark

These are the secret sayings which the living Jesus spoke and which Didymos Judas Thomas wrote down.  And he said, "Whoever finds the interpretation of these sayings will not experience death."

Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All."

"Split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."

"The pharisees and the scribes have taken the keys of knowledge (gnosis) and hidden them. They themselves have not entered, nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to. You, however, be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/thomas_poxy.htm
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

I shall contribute a reasoned and well argued post when I'm not shit faced. Right now I just want to shout and point at the gullible lack wits who think that Prince Philip had Di assassinated by flashbulb. There is a serious argument to be made about govt lies but I can't do it justice right now. *hic*

but please - Gnostic gospels? The main four are dodgy enough!

House of Usher

Means nothing to me, Guv. 'Somebody said Jesus said something or other' still has no bearing on the question of whether Jesus was real or not. The question, as far as I'm concerned, is whether or not it was worth the while of those who wrote the scripture to have made him up. I say not, because you've got a much better story on which to base your cult or protest movement if you start with a real person than if you start with one who is totally made up like the feats he's supposed to have performed.
STRIKE !!!

Colin MacNeil

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 18 March, 2011, 10:59:34 PM
It's obvious the US government took down the towers. Just look at how good they are at blue on blue contacts.
I know it's a cliche, but... LOL!

Anyhoo... Funnily enough I was speaking to a chap today who knows the guy who was Hess's doctor in Spandau Prison. Whoever it was in prison, it was most definitely NOT Hess. The medical evidence does not back up the identification of the prisoner as Hess. Hess was wounded by some sort of high velocity bullet in WW1. The prisoner had no wounds which match his official medical records. Why the heck would the Allies perpetuate such a lie, but perhaps more interestingly why would someone pretend to be Hess? To remain in prison for the rest of your "natural"? Whatever the "truth", I'm sure this one goes a lot deeper than 9/11? 9/11 has been running for 10 years. The mystery of Hess has been running for 70 years. The longer you tell a lie, the harder it is to remember the truth.

Just thought I'd share that one as it happened to be a great coincidence, or was it? ;)

Cheers

Colin