Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 05 April, 2011, 05:44:58 PM
Speaking of scepticism, though, what to make of this?

5:00 AM Saturday Jul 9, 2005

"A New Zealander working for Reuters in London says two colleagues witnessed the unconfirmed shooting by police of two apparent suicide bombers outside the HSBC tower at Canary Wharf in London.

"The New Zealander, who did not want to be named, said the killing of the two men wearing bombs happened at 10.30am on Thursday (London time)..."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10334992

I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be a lot more witnesses round canary Wharf at 10.30 in the morning. 8000 office workers are messed about and none of them are on the news, suing their employers, blogging or tweeting about it?  And if the 2 witnesses did work for Reuters, I'd expect them to seek evidence, interview witnesses, take photos and, you know, actually report this huge news story, rather than it just being the unconfirmed second-hand hearsay of one anonymous bloke.

In fact this is a very good example. There is absolutely NOTHING in that story that sounds plausible to me. My mistrust of a lot of so-called cover-ups (Princess Di, 9/11) stems from the question "would it be POSSIBLE to cover this up?" and the answer is very often no.

The only suspicious thing about this story is a lazy journalist chatting to a bloke in a pub who said "ere, my mate reckons he was down Canary Wharf..."

EDIT - just noticed the date - Six years and the Omerta-like Web of Silence is still holding! Astonishing!

Colin Zeal

I can remember that story going round the internet like wildfire on the day. It was rubbished just as quickly if I remember correctly.

House of Usher

You know the film 'Three Men and a Baby'? If you look carefully, at one point there's the ghost of a dead boy in the background in one scene.
STRIKE !!!

Richmond Clements

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: House of Usher on 06 April, 2011, 03:00:51 PM
You know the film 'Three Men and a Baby'? If you look carefully, at one point there's the ghost of a dead boy in the background in one scene.

I seem to recall that the "ghost" in question was actually the reflection of a cardboard cut-out movie ad for "Home Alone" or something like that.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

House of Usher

Pfffft! I could've done the same by pouring thousands of gallons of burning jet fuel straight down the elevator shafts.

:-\
STRIKE !!!

JOE SOAP

but could you have done while managing not to get your passport burned?

Dandontdare

Or without anybody in the densely packed city noticing you doing it?

The Legendary Shark

And could you get the scrap steel exported to foreign climes quick enough to be unavailable to investigators?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

Misanthrope

I don't believe that there IS a Judge Dredd movie in the works.

I put it down to cos-players, CGI artists and fan fiction writers.

Why has the stubble on the first Dredd picture disappeared? Where are these so called Anderson photos we have heard so much about? Where was the panel at Kapow?

Makes you think.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Misanthrope on 10 April, 2011, 07:00:45 AM
I put it down to cos-players, CGI artists and fan fiction writers.

You're thinking of Judge Minty there Mis.  :P
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Matt Timson

I have to say, it does make me smile when people say that you couldn't rig the place the with explosives without people knowing.  Of course you could- so long as you weren't planning to do it in an afternoon or anything.  Maintenance crews must be at work in these places all the time- probably at night.

That's not to say that I totally buy into the theory- but still.  Worth noting.
Pffft...

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+