Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

QuoteIts clear to me that you are entirely full of shit because you refuse to see my point.

Your point being what? Gadaffi isn't really that bad?

Well sorry Peter- he is. And you even thinking otherwise is the most monumentally fucking stupid and disgusting thing you have ever come out with- and that's a long fucking list.

QuoteAs for demanding i didnt demand anything as i suggested that others could look them up for themselves.

Now who is the one misunderstanding how it works?
You claim this is a debate. Well, in a debate one person will make a satement ('Gadaffi isn't that bad') and then follow up that staement with examples to prove that point. DO you see? Do you see how it works?
You however, did not do that, and when asked to do so refused and told people to find out for themselves... do I really need to explain to you any further?

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Peter WolfI said very very clearly that i supported the positive aspects of Gadaffi and the Gadaffi regime

Peter, your praise is wee bit premature, no? Libya doesn't even have a rail service, never mind one that runs on time.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Mikey

Why hasn't Gaddafi just been assassinated? If the Arab Spring's Libya wing was orchestrated or endorsed by outside bodies or whatever, why wait to go through all that when you could off him some other way? Is it because it was a genuine popular movement? Are 'them' actually concerned that pinkos would be very upset if a national leader was just offed by international consensus? Surely if them's all up to it and have the measure of control some suspect, they wouldn't give a shit and we'd never find out.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

IAMTHESYSTEM

It's illegal to assassinate any Head of State surely? Otherwise as soon as someone got into power they'd be 'offed' by their Politicial rivals/jealous siblings/CIA,SVR,MOSSAD,MI6 etc and the struggle for power would begin again.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

It doesn't really matter how twisted or evil a head of state is. So long as he takes our credit, buys our goods and services and gives us first dibs on his resources, why then he can do just about whatever he wants to his own people. As soon as our profits dip, though, a no-nonsense ally can become a tyrannical enemy in a heartbeat.

Distasteful though it is, most of the monsters in this world are made, elevated and kept in power by us mainly to fund our materialistic addictions.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 07 July, 2011, 10:28:56 AM
QuoteIts clear to me that you are entirely full of shit because you refuse to see my point.

Your point being what? Gadaffi isn't really that bad?

Well sorry Peter- he is. And you even thinking otherwise is the most monumentally fucking stupid and disgusting thing you have ever come out with- and that's a long fucking list.

QuoteAs for demanding i didnt demand anything as i suggested that others could look them up for themselves.

Now who is the one misunderstanding how it works?
You claim this is a debate. Well, in a debate one person will make a satement ('Gadaffi isn't that bad') and then follow up that staement with examples to prove that point. DO you see? Do you see how it works?
You however, did not do that, and when asked to do so refused and told people to find out for themselves... do I really need to explain to you any further?

You really are impossible and we seem to have reached an impasse here.

My point was to list the positive acheivements of Gadaffi and the Gadaffi regime without being an apologist which is what i did.So far i havent pointed out any or very few of the negatives concerning Gadaffi and the Gadaffi regime but in time i will do so to balance things out.Gadaffi may be a complete psychopath but those positives exist nonetheless.That was my point.Even if i strenously deny that i support funding the IRA,torture and imprisonment and the abuses of power that i havent listed but i am aware of its still not enough for you.I dont have a problem understanding others points of view even if i dont agree with them but you seem to have a problem with this because if an opinion doesnt fit into your own worldview you reject it outright and deny that i have outlined my reasoning.

The positives exist alongside the negatives of Gadaffi and its called objectivity as i have already pointed out.The positives dont negate the negatives and vice versa.

As i have already pointed out half a dozen times i have already listed the positives in this thread in previous comments which are there for you and anyone else to read but i have to draw the line at repeating myself  on demand as its stupid and unreasonable.

Again i will point out that i did not tell or demand anyone to do anything as i suggested that they either read my comments or look it up for themselves.Its all there in the comments and there is no denying it.

Do i need to explain this again ?
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Richmond Clements

Quote.Gadaffi may be a complete psychopath but those positives exist nonetheless.

No more questions, your honour.

Robin Low

I think there are some people who should be judged according to the best things they've done. There are also some people who should be judged according to the worst things they've done.

It's quite important to know (or at least think about seriously) who falls into which category.

Regards

Robin

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 07 July, 2011, 03:14:40 AM
Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron - all directly responsible for the deaths of innocent people. I'm not defending Gadaffi on this point - but I wouldn't defend any of the first three either.

That is what i find utterly distasteful about the whole thing is their hypocritical self righteousness apart from many other aspects that i find utterly distasteful and sickening  :sick: about our elected PMs.And its their abhorrent hypocritical self righteousness etc that was the reason that i talked up Gadaffi in the first place as previously i didnt have much of an opinion on Gadaffi.They are only[failed] humanitarians when there is something in it for them.

Who is going to pay to repair the country once the bombing campaign and invasion is over  presuming that there will be an end to the invasion/occupation ?

Will the Libyans be any better off if Gadaffi and the Gadaffi regime is deposed ?

An educated guess says they wont so we will all see how this works out.......

Imagine that i was writing a thesis or a book on Gadaffi as if i was i would have to list the positives as well as the negatives but you will all get the negatives soon enough about what went on inside the prisons and the political dissidents and the torture etc.I dont want to quote from websites regarding that business yet and i did try to find some info from the internet but i gave up looking as it was a plethora of articles written very recently that i dont trust as they all seemed to be loaded articles that were supportive of the US/NATO/UN.

What i did hear about which was appalling was that there was a boatload of Libyan refugees that were stranded out at sea and that NATO ignored their distress calls amd only 9 out of 72 survived the 16 days at sea with no food or water.

Africa rejects the skewed International Criminal Courts arrest warrant for Gadaffi :

Articles:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&biw=999&bih=629&q=africa+rejects+the+ICC&btnG=Google+Search

Mikey

I'm not really wanting to fuel this, but Peter,to be honest you're not usually too objective about what you write about so it comes across as you rooting for Col. G because he said some things you agree with. If you're now going to investigate the other things, I think that means you weren't in a position to claim objectivity.

Anyway-is no one interested in his choice of transport? Really?

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Mikey on 07 July, 2011, 08:13:07 PMAnyway-is no one interested in his choice of transport? Really?

The 'rebels' can't be much good if they're unable to catch him in that.

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 July, 2011, 07:44:28 PM
Africa rejects the skewed International Criminal Courts arrest warrant for Gadaffi :

The African Union?  An organisation explicitly working towards creating the United States of Africa, and of which Gaddafi was Chairman.  So you're happy to heed this body's opinion, but meanwhile everything the EU says or does is part of a conspiracy of power-hungry self-interest?

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 July, 2011, 08:22:33 PM

The African Union?  An organisation explicitly working towards creating the United States of Africa, and of which Gaddafi was Chairman.  So you're happy to heed this body's opinion, but meanwhile everything the EU says or does is part of a conspiracy of power-hungry self-interest?

Please dont shoot the messenger as the article was submitted with out comment other than pointing out that the ICC is skewed.The EU or my opinion of it is off topic.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 July, 2011, 08:30:37 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 07 July, 2011, 08:22:33 PM

Please dont shoot the messenger as the article was submitted with out comment other than pointing out that the ICC is skewed.The EU or my opinion of it is off topic.

My god though Africans working for their own self interest !

Whatever next !

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 July, 2011, 08:30:37 PMPlease dont shoot the messenger as the article was submitted with out comment other than pointing out that the ICC is skewed.The EU or my opinion of it is off topic.

Blaming someone else?