Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 July, 2011, 08:34:40 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 July, 2011, 08:30:37 PMPlease dont shoot the messenger as the article was submitted with out comment other than pointing out that the ICC is skewed.The EU or my opinion of it is off topic.

Blaming someone else?

No idea what you are talking about.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

M.I.K.

Can't understand plain English, Peter?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 July, 2011, 08:41:36 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 July, 2011, 08:34:40 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 July, 2011, 08:30:37 PMPlease dont shoot the messenger as the article was submitted with out comment other than pointing out that the ICC is skewed.The EU or my opinion of it is off topic.

Blaming someone else?

No idea what you are talking about.

t'was the article's/author's fault for your selection of it?

TordelBack

No real problem with the African Union, Peter, just surprised to see you citing them as a source.  You wouldn't generally be known for your trust of federalising super states or their aspirants.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: M.I.K. on 07 July, 2011, 08:47:23 PM
Can't understand plain English, Peter?

Not if its not clear i dont but i m sure that if it is clarified i will.Of course now simply linking to an article is a loaded statement but i am still not clear whos fault it is.

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 July, 2011, 09:02:30 PM
No real problem with the African Union, Peter, just surprised to see you citing them as a source.  You wouldn't generally be known for your trust of federalising super states or their aspirants.

Since it was the African Union who have rejected the ICC and noone else what else can i do but refer to the African Union ?

Like i have said i submitted the articles without comment.

It is interesting and curious how very very few of those present here and my critics say what they think about Libya,Gadaffi and the US/NATO/UN.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 July, 2011, 09:13:17 PMIt is interesting and curious how very very few of those present here and my critics say what they think about Libya,Gadaffi and the US/NATO/UN.

Don't have much good to say for any of 'em.

M.I.K.

Ditto. 

Peter, just out of interest... weighing up the positives and negatives, if you could elect Gadaffi as prime minister of the UK, would you? Would you choose him over the likes of Cameron or Miliband?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 July, 2011, 09:13:17 PM
It is interesting and curious how very very few of those present here and my critics say what they think about Libya,Gadaffi and the US/NATO/UN.

Once upon a time a foreign government supplied weapons to a bunch of unsupported rebels. Does that story sound familiar?

It's what the UN are doing in Libya now.

It's what Gadaffi did to my wee country.

That's all I have to say about that.
You may quote me on that.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 July, 2011, 09:18:11 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 July, 2011, 09:13:17 PMIt is interesting and curious how very very few of those present here and my critics say what they think about Libya,Gadaffi and the US/NATO/UN.

Don't have much good to say for any of 'em.

I know that you have said what you think already and it certainly helps that you have a clue about this sort of thing.I dont know that much about the African Union as i havent really read up on them as there are only so many things i can read up on at any given time or even know the ins and outs of.

Quote from: M.I.K. on 07 July, 2011, 09:27:13 PM
Ditto. 

Peter, just out of interest... weighing up the positives and negatives, if you could elect Gadaffi as prime minister of the UK, would you? Would you choose him over the likes of Cameron or Miliband?

Now this is just getting stupid.Of course i wouldnt elect a tyrant control freak but i am no more likely to vote for Milliband or Cameron.Some of you people manage to make debating or even arguing as tedious and unpleasent and timewasting as possible rather than enjoyable as i ususally enjoy debate and arguing.

Eric Plumrose

Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Richmond Clements

QuoteSome of you people manage to make debating or even arguing as tedious and unpleasent and timewasting as possible

Well why don't you stop then?

M.I.K.

Just trying to get a handle on how you think, PW. The fact you see arguing as something to enjoy is interesting if nothing else.

Bit of a cop-out answer, though. Let's say your life depended on it, (or the lives of lots of cute little orphan kittens or something). - if you had to pick one to vote for... could you? Or are they all just as bad as one another?

TordelBack

JOE SOAP

To me Gadaffi is just another elite with a personal interest in domineering the weaker elements of Africa, if he really believed he was in 'trouble', he'd as soon as get around the table with Western elites and make a deal that benefitted themselves..

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 07 July, 2011, 09:56:44 PM
QuoteSome of you people manage to make debating or even arguing as tedious and unpleasent and timewasting as possible

Well why don't you stop then?

I wouldn't presume to answer on anyone's behalf, but my guess would be because everyone wants to have the last word on this.

Start a separate Gadaffi thread if it's that important. I need advice on the proper configuration of my tin-foil hat, and none of this Gadaffi Rhubarb is of any use to me
You may quote me on that.