Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: M.I.K. on 07 July, 2011, 09:58:08 PM
Just trying to get a handle on how you think, PW. The fact you see arguing as something to enjoy is interesting if nothing else.

Bit of a cop-out answer, though. Let's say your life depended on it, (or the lives of lots of cute little orphan kittens or something). - if you had to pick one to vote for... could you? Or are they all just as bad as one another?

If i didnt enjoy arguing and debate i wouldnt be involved in these threads.I say i enjoy arguing but only on the basis that it is something worth arguing about and it is enjoyable to me because it is challenging but at the same time i wouldnt ever choose to argue if there was an alternative to it as  i would much rather debate than argue.

The trick to arguing though especially online is to never take anything personally or bear grudges as lifes too short but i think a lot of others enjoy it as well.If i have insulted you or offended you then keep it in the context of what was being said at the time.

Now to your question about who i would vote for if a loaded gun was pointed at my head i would vote for ...........wait for it................................................................................Cameron ! or do i die by my principles and say none of them ?

I expect more abuse now for that answer !!

The kittens would win out though as i wouldnt be able to bear the thought of anything terrible happening to them so you have found one of my weak points.

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 07 July, 2011, 09:56:44 PM
QuoteSome of you people manage to make debating or even arguing as tedious and unpleasent and timewasting as possible

Well why don't you stop then?

Thats making it too easy for you and giving you what you want but keep in mind i very rarely start arguments and attack others points of view as i usually just post a comment that is not posted with the intent of starting an argument but you choose to argue with me as it takes two or more to argue.I could choose not to reply to you but then you wouldnt get any personal enjoyment or satisfaction out of it.I know that this is as much to do with what i say as the fact that is myself saying it so enough said about that as i wasnt born yesterday and i understand psychology  ;)

There wouldnt be a shitstorm in this thread if it wasnt for me.

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 July, 2011, 10:00:54 PM
To me Gadaffi is just another elite with a personal interest in domineering the weaker elements of Africa, if he really believed he was in 'trouble', he'd as soon as get around the table with Western elites and make a deal that benefitted themselves..

Human nature never changes and its the same wherever you go.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: pops1983 on 07 July, 2011, 10:06:42 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 07 July, 2011, 09:56:44 PM
QuoteSome of you people manage to make debating or even arguing as tedious and unpleasent and timewasting as possible

Well why don't you stop then?

I wouldn't presume to answer on anyone's behalf, but my guess would be because everyone wants to have the last word on this.

Start a separate Gadaffi thread if it's that important. I need advice on the proper configuration of my tin-foil hat, and none of this Gadaffi Rhubarb is of any use to me

I'd like to retract this.

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 July, 2011, 10:18:00 PM
There wouldnt be a shitstorm in this thread if it wasnt for me.

To be fair, ye chose the right thread in which to start a shitstorm. As i understand it, this thread meant to be a shitstorm-container. A digital tea-cup, if I may employ an idiom. The title is a bit mis-leading. It should be:

"Outrageous, controversial opinions? You can't handle the outrageous, controversial opinions!"

Human nature never changes and its the same wherever you go.

That's why shitstorms happen ;)
You may quote me on that.

House of Usher

Now to your question about who i would vote for if a loaded gun was pointed at my head i would vote for ...........wait for it................................................................................Cameron ! or do i die by my principles and say none of them ?

Okay, I'll bite: it is the politics thread after all.

What. The Hell. Would David Cameron do for you that Labour wouldn't? How are your interests and David Cameron's aligned in any conceivable way whatsoever?

Edit: Oh bollocks. Wrong thread. Feel free to disregard the question. I don't want to know.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 07 July, 2011, 11:00:28 PM

Okay, I'll bite: it is the politics thread after all.

What. The Hell. Would David Cameron do for you that Labour wouldn't? How are your interests and David Cameron's aligned in any conceivable way whatsoever?

Edit: Oh bollocks. Wrong thread. Feel free to disregard the question. I don't want to know.

Not so fast...........

Labour and Conservatives are all the same to me these days so it was down to the fact that David Cameron comes from a good background and went to a good school.

;)  :lol:

Conservatives are not aligned to my interests in any way.Milliband is a complete drip but preferable to his brother by a long way.

Milliband is a puppet. One of Nick Park's puppet to be precise

Mikey

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 July, 2011, 09:13:17 PM
It is interesting and curious how very very few of those present here and my critics say what they think about Libya,Gadaffi and the US/NATO/UN.

If that's an attempt to retreat to the moral high ground, it's piss. What's so curious about it? Do you really care what other people think, seeing as you've said before if people don't understand it like you they're stupid? Hardly a reasonable position to debate from is it?

Bottom line is, you made a statement of personal opinion you claimed was an objective assessment only when you were challenged on it. The shit storm was caused by that rather than anything to do with you I reckon.

M.

Gaddafi is a paranoid idiot without the sense to fuck off when he should.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

GordonR

QuoteGaddafi Peterwolf is a paranoid idiot without the sense to fuck off when he should.

Fixed that for you, mate.

Mikey

You're a bad man Mr Rennie. You'll get into trouble!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

The Legendary Shark

Who cares whether Gadaffi has a good side or not? He's only a human being and, as we all know, human beings just aren't of any value any more. The only things that matter are property, profit and position. If Gadaffi stood up to the bankers, no matter how despicable he is, he'd have my support in that particular battle. God knows, our own Prime Minister's too feeble to stand up to them and we've got virtually an entire government comprised of similar MPs, all too weak, feeble, afraid, greedy or stupid to discern the civil war that is going on around the world between the People and the Banks, who are using our own governments like human shields.

"Sell, sell, sell: everything must go in great fire sale. Europe's most indebted countries – and Britain – have put prized assets up for grabs to bolster their creditworthiness.http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/jul/01/indebted-european-countries-privatisation-assets?INTCMP=SRCH

"Greek sell-off 'threat to sovereignty'http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/jul/03/greece-bailout-privatisation-juncker-treuhand?INTCMP=SRCH

I forget who it was that called me a buffoon for daring to suggest that our country labours under tyranny, I've been called much worse so I really don't care, but here's a little more proof that we are indeed slipping ever deeper into that very real tyranny. Sovereign countries are now expected to sell off national assets to help pay for debts incurred through borrowing money from private banks. Don't forget, a country is perfectly entitled to create its own money instead of borrowing. (I know, I know - I sound like a broken record, but this is just because I can't believe that anyone who understands this could dismiss it as irrelevant or fail to be angered by it. Private money bad, social money good.) So, these bankers caused the debts and now who are the only people left with enough money to buy up national assets? Whatever. Never mind. It's probably not important and I'm probably a buffoon for even considering that our governments have steered the Ship of State up Shit Creek either by accident or design.

Where will it end? Will all roads eventually belong to the banks? All hospitals, fire engines, trees, rivers, lakes, clouds, livestock, crops, houses... people? It certainly feels like we're being conquered. Not by armies or bombers or terrorists - but by pounds, shillings and pence. Everyone's focussed on the War on Whatever, political theatre and X-Factor while all our assets are slowly drained away almost without us noticing - or at least without us noticing where all that wealth, all our wealth, is going. It's being concentrated into the hands of the power elite. They want to own it all and charge us money for using our own planet to live on. The corporatization of the world, started many decades ago, is nearing fruition. If your government doesn't even have ownership of your country's assets on your behalf, what good is it? Is it still sovereign? Is it still relevant? Is it still yours?

Mussolini said, that"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power" - which is exactly the way the world seems to be going.

I'll sign off this particular rant with a quotation allegedly from Sir Josiah Stamp (21 June 1880 - 16 April 1941), fellow buffoon and director of the Bank of England, amongst other things. He understood the real shape of the banking industry (and banking is an industry driven to make a profit like any other - what banking should be is a utility like water or electricity.) Anyway, here's the famous and still painfully relevant quote:  "Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money."

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Some rob you with a sixgun, some with a fountain pen...
DDT did a job on me

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Mikey on 08 July, 2011, 09:27:45 AM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 July, 2011, 09:13:17 PM
It is interesting and curious how very very few of those present here and my critics say what they think about Libya,Gadaffi and the US/NATO/UN.

If that's an attempt to retreat to the moral high ground, it's piss. What's so curious about it? Do you really care what other people think, seeing as you've said before if people don't understand it like you they're stupid? Hardly a reasonable position to debate from is it?

Bottom line is, you made a statement of personal opinion you claimed was an objective assessment only when you were challenged on it. The shit storm was caused by that rather than anything to do with you I reckon.

M.

Gaddafi is a paranoid idiot without the sense to fuck off when he should.

M.

It certainly wasnt that.No problem with being challenged either but i am interested in what others think about it all particularly from the US/UN/NATO side of things and i thought that more of that would have been forthcoming.The comments about stupidity were because i was being misunderstood and having to repeat myself.

As for the comment only being objective it was always objective right from the start but you are suggesting that i was backpedalling when i wasnt.I had to explain that it was objective as some chose to read it as something different probably because they wanted to.

As for Gadaffi having to fuck off when he should there are better ways to go about this than what NATO etc are up to on behalf of a minority of "Rebel forces" and ALCIADA who are funded and armed by NATO etc.Besides that 2 or 3 times Gadaffi offered to engage in talks with NATO etc but it was rejected.

What happens if the majority of Libyans support Gadaffi ?

Do the US/UN/NATO have the right to dictate to them who they can and cant support ?

Who are they to dictate what goes on within a sovereign nation ?

Perhaps if they really were a force for good in the world then they would have some kind of legitimacy but that isnt the case.Their fake humanitarianism is selective anyway.

M.I.K.

So, when someone doesn't understand what you're saying, they get called thick, but if you don't understand what someone else is saying, it 's because it isn't clear enough?

I can't see how that works. I must be too stupid.

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 08 July, 2011, 08:30:50 PM
...there are better ways to go about this than what NATO etc are up to on behalf of a minority of "Rebel forces" and ALCIADA who are funded and armed by NATO etc.

There probably are better ways of going about it. When foreign governments* start backing a minority of rebels**, to further their own goals, things can get ugly. The fall from that sort of wreckless behaviour could last years.

*Gadaffi's Regime
**The IRA

Peter Wolf

Quote from: M.I.K. on 08 July, 2011, 09:15:37 PM
So, when someone doesn't understand what you're saying, they get called thick, but if you don't understand what someone else is saying, it 's because it isn't clear enough?

I can't see how that works. I must be too stupid.

Calling you thick/stupid was a result of having to repeat myself as in having my patience tried as in others as well as yourself claiming that i didnt or havent listed any positives when i had already listed them along with the frustration of being misunderstood that was partly wilful.You even read them and then said i hadnt listed them.I didnt get the impression that you didnt understand anything.

I was called a "fucking idiot" by someone along with another personal attack yet i went out of my way to be polite in return to that comment and others but the fact is it was a heated debate/argument and even though i was going out of my to keep things as civil as possible i dont fuck about with words or saying what i think to others.

As it was you who i called thick then i sincerely apologise.

The comment from @Garageman was a bit ambiguous as in i wasnt sure what it was referring to.

vzzbux

I suppose you could say Hitler had positives.
When Germany was on it's knees from the crippling reparations from the aftermath of WWI, he rose to power and literally turned them round to one of the most powerful nations of the time.
Does that make what he did right? Did it fuck.
People like that should never have power and there are far too many today with those kind of tendencies leading countries.
You need to look at the over all person rather than spouting out small positives.

This isn't directed at anyone it is just input from reading four pages of mayhem.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.