Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Apropos of nothing in particular:

Quisling is a term used in reference to fascist and collaborationist political parties and military and paramilitary forces in occupied Allied countries which collaborated with Axis occupiers in World War II, as well as for their members and other collaborators.

The term was coined by the British newspaper The Times in an editorial published on 19 April 1940, entitled "Quislings everywhere" after the Norwegian Vidkun Quisling, who assisted Nazi Germany as it conquered his own country so that he could rule the collaborationist Norwegian government himself.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill. The element that makes the bond good makes the bill good. The difference between the bond and the bill is that the bond lets the money brokers collect twice the amount of the bond and an additional 20 per cent, whereas the currency pays nobody but those who directly contribute... in some useful way.

"... if the Government issues currency, it provides itself with enough money to increase the national wealth... without disturbing the business of the rest of the country. And in doing this it increases its income without adding a penny to its debt."
Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

From: If government created money instead of debt: Thomas Edison speaks  http://dailycensored.com/2011/07/24/if-government-created-money-instead-of-debt-thomas-edison-speaks/
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

What would 15 trillion dollars look like?

We're lucky, we only owe about one trillion. Well, in theory anyway.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

'Cause somewhere in the Quisling Clinic / There's a shorthand typist taking seconds over minutes
She's listening in to the Venus line / She's picking out names
I hope none of them are mine.

JOE SOAP

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Elvis? Now yer talkin'. On of his clones runs the Mexican Restaurant at the top of my street. The original is holed up in Camp David with Bigfoot as his butler.
You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

Wait, you mean the Quisling Clinic is (was) a real place?  And a real clinic to boot?  Now there is a truth I can't handle.

JOE SOAP

Aye, art deco apartments now.

From 2001:

QuoteSverre Quisling, a member of a prominent Madison medical family and founder of the Quisling Clinic, died Saturday in Woodbury, Minn. He was 102.

Quisling was born in Lake Mills, Iowa, on May 30, 1898, and moved to Madison with his family at a young age.

Following in the footsteps of his father, Dr. Andreas Quisling, he received his undergraduate degree from UW-Madison and attended Rush Medical School in Chicago and the University of PennsylvaniaMedical School for graduate work.

TordelBack

Do you know if there any connection with Mr. McManus (i.e. did he know about/ have dealings with the place) or is it just a coincidence of names?  As a nerdy teenage fan I was guilty on more than one occasion of reading far more into Elvis Costello lyrics than was ever there, but I had thought had the measure of most of Armed Forces, and 'Green Shirt' just doesn't fit with a hospital in Wisconsin...

The Legendary Shark

"So, Doctor Quisling, we meet at last," said Bond, lighting his seventy first cigarette of the day. "This clinic of yours - patches or gum?"
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

HatefulCactus

Feel My Hate!

Richmond Clements

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 July, 2011, 12:36:02 AM
Do you know if there any connection with Mr. McManus (i.e. did he know about/ have dealings with the place) or is it just a coincidence of names?  As a nerdy teenage fan I was guilty on more than one occasion of reading far more into Elvis Costello lyrics than was ever there, but I had thought had the measure of most of Armed Forces, and 'Green Shirt' just doesn't fit with a hospital in Wisconsin...

I believe he passed through it at one point.

The Legendary Shark

More on science, politics and global warming climate change.

"A federal wildlife biologist whose observation in 2004 of presumably drowned polar bears in the Arctic helped to galvanize the global warming movement has been placed on administrative leave and is being investigated for scientific misconduct, possibly over the veracity of that article."

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-07-arctic-scientist.html#comments

In a Sydney hotel on Monday night, Czech President Vaclav Klaus, an economist who fought against communism, was warning of the new threats to our freedom he recognises in the doctrine of global warming. ""I feel threatened now, not by global warming -- I don't see any -- (but) by the global warming doctrine, which I consider a new dangerous attempt to control and mastermind my life and our lives, in the name of controlling the climate or temperature," he said. "They (environmentalists) don't care about resources or poverty or pollution. They hate us, the humans. They consider us dangerous and sinful creatures who must be controlled by them. I used to live in a similar world called communism. And I know it led to the worst environmental damage the world has ever experienced."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/green-agenda-has-parallels-with-excesses-of-communism/story-e6frfhqf-1226103023674

Last year, during the Cancun Global Climate Change Summit, the Norway government, headed by Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, leader of the Labour Party, agreed to participate in a carbon tax pilot program, endorsed by the UN and George Soros. The Norwegian Progress Party party was against this project from the beginning. Overall, the carbon tax pilot program was a failure and a major embarrassment for the Norwegian government, the international banks, and the government contractors involved in it. Now Anders Behring Breivik has been described as a Progress activist and the Norwegian Progress Party all but labelled as a party of terrorists, Nazis and nutcases.

http://deadlinelive.info/2011/07/26/deadline-live-exclusive-who-are-the-bankers-that-benefit-from-the-norway-terror-attacks/

It really doesn't pay to question carbon tax, does it?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]