Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

"From Each According to His Ability, To Each According to His Need"
The Tramp's Speech from "Atlas Shrugged," by Ayn Rand

(Linked)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Zarjazzer

Ayn Rand. Fave author of the Tea Party, Ronnie Reagan and right wingers of all kinds. Including economist Alan Greenspan the guy asleep at the wheel during the Lehman Bros banking crisis.

From the people who brought you Enron, tax cuts only for the wealthy and "dead peasants" clauses in American medical insurance.

I mean I don't want to put you off or anything...
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

The Legendary Shark

Also deeply into selfishness and a very scary looking example of the female type human:

I am quite tempted by this, though:

(Linked)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 01 August, 2011, 09:16:37 PM
Of course, in the end the decision is yours - but here's an idea: You don't seem to be in imminent danger of keeling over just yet, so why not give the dietary options suggested in that pdf a six month trial before going straight into potentially debilitating drugs?

That's true.  I had a good read.  Must say most of those changes were changes i made years ago and iw as very strict leading up to the test and did a fasting test.

I could wait a few more weeks but i suspect i'm going to need them.  of course the cholesterol might just be masking something worse but i'm not going to know what and it's then potentially causing harm itself.

The Legendary Shark

Good luck there anyway, Fishy. At least it's something you know about and can take steps to stay on top of.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 August, 2011, 06:57:41 PM
Good luck there anyway, Fishy. At least it's something you know about and can take steps to stay on top of.

Yes indeed. Thanks Sharkie.

On this one i think i just have to take a risk.  The amount i can mitigate it myself is very small and the risk from it is higher than the risk of side effects.

The Legendary Shark

"With the tenth anniversary of 9/11 fast approaching, there will be a lot of looks back, some fond, some heartbreaking... And then there will be "The Big Lie," a comic book by Rick Veitch and Gary Erskine that finds a scientist traveling back in time to the day itself in order to stop the disaster. And while there, she finds out that maybe the truth isn't as clear cut as she thought."

Interview: Rick Veitch On His 911 Truther Comic Book 'The Big Lie'
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

It seems that SEAL Team Six, who were involved in the alleged killing of Osama bin Laden (no body, remember), have themselves been killed in a helicopter crash(1). The official story claims that none of the SEAL Team 6 members who got bin Laden was amongst the dead here. It was some different SEAL Team 6 members and a few other guys.

Hmm. Wasn't there a destroyed stealth helicopter(2) at the site of the bin Laden affair? Weren't there reports on Pakistani TV(3) that the destroyed helicopter at the bin Laden site exploded with a dozen troops aboard? "Oh no, no members of SEAL Team Six died in Pakistan and none of those who didn't die in Pakistan died in Afghanistan either, it was some other members of SEAL Team 6." Oh well, that's all right then. Absolutely no suggestion of a cover-up at all. It's all just coincidence.

Um, and why would Navy SEALS be ferried to and from combat missions in the Afghan mountains on a slow and noisy CH-47 Chinook when they have stealth helicopters at their disposal?

(1)SEAL Team 6 members among 38 killed in Afghanistan
(2)About two thirds of the way down this page.
(3)Osama bin Laden killing Eye witness account - 1m21s
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

mygrimmbrother

This also struck me as deeply suspicious - in fact i may be way off here but it made me think of Murdoch firing everyone at TNOTW - sacrificing the lower ranks to protect the higher-ups, but at least now they can say (or imply) that Al Qaida have had an eye for an eye.

mogzilla

rupert murdoch is osama bin laden!!! ;) (go on squint a bit)