Main Menu

snow/tiger - rascist anti american crap.

Started by King Chillout, 19 April, 2003, 01:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Chillout

First off, I'm 36. I've been reading 2000AD since the late seventies. I've never written a letter to the comic or this board before.

But after finally getting around to reading this weeks prog, I've got to say that for the first time ever.....I'm thinking of not buying the next issue, or any after that.

Snow/tiger was the most rascist piece of garbage I've read in a long time.
In ten pages Andy Diggle trotted out the stereotypical kill 'em all, right wing, white, "evil" Americans, who went on to brutally slay the cuddly, snuggly, misunderstood, muslim terrorsts....but shock of shocks !!!!! ...these muslim terrorists weren't actually going to kill anyone !
So that makes them the nice friendly type of terrorist, that we should all take into our collective PC friendly hearts !!!

He even got a swaztika in just to show us how damn nasty these Yanky muslim killers really are !

GIVE ME A BREAK !

I do not spend my money on a magazine so that some loony liberal anti-war tree hugging PC robot can preach to me !

Whoever is in charge....sort it out.
It's been bad enough suffering Pat Mills' left wing crap that has ruined Slaine for the last ten years.

We aren't all students who think the answer to all the worlds troubles is to sit on their fat arses and do fuck all except moan, paint a pretty banner or smash McDonalds windows.

2000AD is supposed to be a sci-fi/ fantasy comic.
NOT a magazine where crusty old hippies get to preach their anti-American mantra to an unsuspecting public....and get paid for it !

King Chillout

First off, I'm 36. I've been reading 2000AD since the late seventies. I've never written a letter to the comic or this board before.

But after finally getting around to reading this weeks prog, I've got to say that for the first time ever.....I'm thinking of not buying the next issue, or any after that.

Snow/tiger was the most rascist piece of garbage I've read in a long time.
In ten pages Andy Diggle trotted out the stereotypical kill 'em all, right wing, white, "evil" Americans, who went on to brutally slay the cuddly, snuggly, misunderstood, muslim terrorsts....but shock of shocks !!!!! ...these muslim terrorists weren't actually going to kill anyone !
So that makes them the nice friendly type of terrorist, that we should all take into our collective PC friendly hearts !!!

He even got a swaztika in just to show us how damn nasty these Yanky muslim killers really are !

GIVE ME A BREAK !

I do not spend my money on a magazine so that some loony liberal anti-war tree hugging PC robot can preach to me !

Whoever is in charge....sort it out.
It's been bad enough suffering Pat Mills' left wing crap that has ruined Slaine for the last ten years.

We aren't all students who think the answer to all the worlds troubles is to sit on their fat arses and do bugger all except moan, paint a pretty banner or smash McDonalds windows.

2000AD is supposed to be a sci-fi/ fantasy comic.
NOT a magazine where crusty old hippies get to preach their anti-American mantra to an unsuspecting public....and get paid for it !

ESCUBRIA

I'm 28, Ive been reading 2000AD since the early eighties and I know Snow/Tiger is fiction.

In reality the yanks in power support terrorists and dictators and THEN bomb them -and innocent people- when they have outlived their usefulness; and I aint p.c. or liberal or right wing or a student or a rascist.

And judging by Sky news standards they don't mind showing the stereotypical kill 'em all right wing
Americans waving flags, dancing on tanks and parading around plundered palaces while chaos reigns on the streets of Baghdad. Sky news broadcasts these images and proclaim the truth whereas it is really bad fiction.

I've studied history and I will be buying next weeks prog. It's fun and no one really dies.

Keep up the good work 2000AD.