Main Menu

That gum you like is going to come back in style -

Started by JOE SOAP, 15 May, 2014, 11:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

I went to Cooper's room to find out more...

But he wasn't in.

Link Prime

The possibility there are now two of you out there in the world would give The Rock goosebumps.

Colin YNWA

Oh finding Dale Cooper'a room is very very cool. Even for a man with your t-shirt collection that is a real pinicale.

Also intrigued to here there are Season 4 rumours. I'd be nervously excited if they did, but just as happy for them to leave as is. After all we all know how season 2 went after they concluded the main storyline.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Mardroid

This reminds me;I've yet to see the latest new series of Twin Peaks!

I must amend this situation soon.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Mardroid on 03 October, 2019, 09:20:34 PM

You must its brilliant.

Mardroid

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 October, 2019, 09:44:20 PM

You must its brilliant.

Shortly after posting the above I ordered the Blu-ray* yesterday evening. Arrived today! I ordered it pretty late too. Well impressed with Amazon Prime, although I didn't get it for that.

A nice surprise too as I'd forgotten I'd ordered it, today.

*Curiously I noticed it's named differently from how the series was advertised: Twin Peaks:The Return.
The dvd/Blu-ray is called 'Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series'. Descriptive, but not as catchy, eh?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Mardroid on 04 October, 2019, 08:30:21 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 October, 2019, 09:44:20 PM

You must its brilliant.

Shortly after posting the above I ordered the Blu-ray* yesterday evening. Arrived today! I ordered it pretty late too. Well impressed with Amazon Prime, although I didn't get it for that.

A nice surprise too as I'd forgotten I'd ordered it, today.

*Curiously I noticed it's named differently from how the series was advertised: Twin Peaks:The Return.
The dvd/Blu-ray is called 'Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series'. Descriptive, but not as catchy, eh?

:lol:  It does make it sound a bit like a new flavour of Kitkat alright.

But I'm kind of envious of you now; getting to watch it all for the first time. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mardroid

I watched the first two episodes today. The blu-Ray provides the option of watching them separately or there's a feature length concatenated version. I chose that.

That was... very weird (as to be expected) and I enjoyed it. I didn't understand it all, but maybe things will be explained better later, although I suspect much will remain a head-scratcher. [spoiler]"This is the evolution of the arm." Ooookaaaay.... :lol:[/spoiler]That's not necessarily a bad thing.

[spoiler]One thing I have mixed feelings about: the whole doppelgänger thing seemed a bit out of nowhere right at the end of series 2. I.e. the evil entity, 'Bob' who caused the grief in series one appeared to work by possessing a person and working through them. A duality of a kind, certainly, but nothing like what's going on with agent Cooper.... or is it? It's still an enjoyable thread, in series 3, mind.[/spoiler]

Apestrife

Regarding the arm, it's [spoiler]-as you probably already figured- the little man in the lodge. I've heard he (the actor) and David Lynch had a falling out of sorts, and thus he was replaced by a tree with a piece of chewing gum on top --because why not  :D [/spoiler]

Mardroid

Quote from: Apestrife on 13 October, 2019, 09:13:49 AM
Regarding the arm, it's [spoiler]-as you probably already figured- the little man in the lodge. I've heard he (the actor) and David Lynch had a falling out of sorts, and thus he was replaced by a tree with a piece of chewing gum on top --because why not  :D [/spoiler]

I confess I didn't make that connection, but the idea of [spoiler]the little man being 'the arm'[/spoiler] rings a bell. (I've forgotten a certain amount about the original series. It's been a while since I saw it.)[spoiler]It explains why one of the blokes at the black lodge only has one arm too, I suppose. Sort of. As to the chewing gum on top of the tree, I wondered what that was supposed to be! I thought maybe a brain of some sort, but that didn't look quite right.[/spoiler]

Did you ever think about all your times posting replies to forums that you'd type such things as appears in these last couple of posts? I certainly didn't. Twin Peaks is nuts, but I like it.

Apestrife

Quote from: Mardroid on 13 October, 2019, 01:25:48 PMDid you ever think about all your times posting replies to forums that you'd type such things as appears in these last couple of posts? I certainly didn't. Twin Peaks is nuts, but I like it.

You mean [spoiler]a dwarf who greets people in their dreams, talks backwards, says he's the arm of another backwards talking man, who then got replaced by a talking tree with a chewed gum as a head (which could be a referens to "the gum you like is going to come back in style") because falling out with the director of said series...[/spoiler] Haha, no  :D

It's a lovely series. Love watching Fire walk with me followed by The return.

Btw. Feel free to ask away if you got more questions. You'll probably ask about someone called Billy later on ;)

Colin YNWA

We don't see enough of Chris Askham's work in these parts these days but John Wagner shared this on Faciebooker and I thought I'd share it here as well, a lovely (by the look) collection of images inspired by Twin Peaks.

https://chrisaskham.bigcartel.com/product/twin-peaks-a5-24-page-artzine?fbclid=IwAR3Lh4vnuE3pwoVsMnGb0dVyD0LoS7iliNxiQBHKAvxyEIaEaW4TZELM_Vc

I've ordered one - and nosing around the rest of the store saw some other lovely stuff I wasn't aware of and order some othr things as well. Defo worth checking out.

Buttonman

Cheers for the link - sent one to my brother.