Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRocka

I get mine reserved at my local comic shop in Preston every fortnight, got issue 15 with my prog as usual on Wednesday as normal. It's a thing of beauty, well worth the wait! Classic modern Stront in my opinion
Never ever bloody anything ever

Jade Falcon

A damned good book, a couple of the stories had pacing issues being either slightly shorter or longer than they needed to be but enjoyable none the less.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

TordelBack

Reading Vol 12 I was really struck by just how good the Flashback-era Stronts are.  While I always enjoyed these stories, I'm not sure I appreciated them fully when they were originally running, but I've found both of the modern volumes to be terrific reads, up there with mid-period SD. 

I suspect part of this is a side effect  of knowing about Johnny's eventual resurrection, so that these stories feel like they are adding to a continuing story (the introduction of Precious, for example), rather than just squishing themselves into one that was already over. Whatever the reason, I'm very glad to have these on the shelf at last.

Arkady

Still nothing, neither payment not delivery.

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 19 March, 2018, 10:54:47 AM
Still nothing, neither payment not delivery.
Nor here. Wrote them on FB and got a reply suggesting they will send new books:
QuoteFurther to this question, still nothing has arrived and still the My Account Page for this subscription has not been updated to include this delivery. My Transformers books arrived Friday and the Judge Dredd one has already listed the next delivery.
Please can you check my delivery again.
QuoteHi Tom

A request for your missing issues 13 and 14 has been logged. You will receive your issues within 7-14 working days, in the meantime your next despatch of issues 15 and 16 is due to be confirmed.

Kind regards

Arkady

I contacted them via Facebook too:

"Kindly note that we are running out of stock for the special edition which was supposed to be sent out with issue 15 and 16 that has led to the delay of the dispatch ,but we have skipped the the special and sent issue 15 and 16 only. allow 7-14 days for delivery"

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 19 March, 2018, 12:02:12 PM
I contacted them via Facebook too:

"Kindly note that we are running out of stock for the special edition which was supposed to be sent out with issue 15 and 16 that has led to the delay of the dispatch ,but we have skipped the the special and sent issue 15 and 16 only. allow 7-14 days for delivery"
So offering a special item the month before and then allowing subbers to decide whether they want it or not has obviously proved more complicated than they thought!!!

IndigoPrime

I figured it might be something like this. Daft, really.

moldovangerbil

The really daft thing is why they don't just stick a post on their facebook page apologising and explaining what the reason for the delay is.  It makes far more sense to engage with customers proactively like that than just leave people in the dark.

IndigoPrime

It's daft. The sensible thing would be, as you say, a public post. And just get the standard books out ASAP. They're an odd lot.

Also, this just makes them come across as poor from a customer service standpoint, when in fact the company is, broadly speaking, pretty good. (I've had quite a few book replacements. I've never had to send anything back.)

Tomwe

Checking Hachette site's account page daily to see if anything happens. Today the February delivery has been tweaked to list the package's actual contents rather than a single line to show something is happening, more in keeping with the way the JDMC works on their site. Still nothing for March.

IndigoPrime

Got a response:

QuoteKindly note that we are running out of stock for the special edition which was supposed to be sent out with issue 15 and 16 that has led to the delay of the dispatch ,but we have skipped the the special and sent issue 15 and 16 only. allow 7-14 days for delivery

And then when I asked how/when the SE would be sent:

QuoteWe still have havn't received confirmation yet, but the special edition is due with issues 15 and 16 but if there is still a stock shortage of the items they will be sent with issues 17 and 18.

You might note how the second reply contradicts the first neatly regarding whether my books have actually shipped yet.

Tomwe

wonder if anyone has gotten the SE yet. Did anyone on here say they got their delivery?

abelardsnazz

Enjoying SD: TTHK. Think I like the Mork Whisperer most, as although I was used to Wulf being the commentator on Johnny's moral compass, it was great to see Middenface and the gang. Is this story set after Wulf's death?

TordelBack

Was wondering that meself! My feeling is that it's before he meets/collects Wulf, as it's an almost direct sequel to Blood Moon,  which from conversations on Freedonia appears to be early in Johnny's career.

My favourite was The Glum Affair,  which seemed to drag a bit week to week,  but in this collected form is as good a caper as any in the strip's history - I love the stories where Johnny and Wulf have to scheme to get their earnings as high as possible.

Do we know if we're getting Roadhouse and the Tax Inspector stories,  or indeed Life and Death?  I've got a bad Stront hunger after this one.