Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

dancornwell

Colin YNWA

What an absolute bloody joy this comic is. I mean really its quite superb. Firstly it smells bloody wonderful. A very under-rated trait that, the smell of a comic.

After that its everything that's great about the kids comics I grew up with, with just enough of an edge to make it feel contemporary. Its just superbly crafted entertainment.

Of course it not without problems. My beef this time is page 7 and while okay we can't see all the pitch it seems pretty clear to me that Jez Andrews is in an offside position when he scores... and yep that's my biggest complaints.

If you haven't bought this comic then take up Dan's offer of a full set of sided editions. It'll be the best £18 you spend this year!

dancornwell

There's an Exeter player out of view on the other side of pitch. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Michael Knight

Issue 4 is the best yet for me! Folks you need to check this comic out. Really is fantastic stuff!  :)

CalHab

Quote from: Michael Knight on 26 October, 2016, 01:39:40 AM
Issue 4 is the best yet for me! Folks you need to check this comic out. Really is fantastic stuff!  :)

The lads have played another belter! The veteran Wagner opened up his pen and showed his class while the wonderkid Cornwell displayed a wonderfully cultured right hand to seal it for them.

I, Cosh

Could it happen?
Quote from: I, Cosh on 25 July, 2016, 10:57:42 AM
Is there any possibility of this getting a digital release?
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: I, Cosh on 26 October, 2016, 09:50:24 AM
Could it happen?
Quote from: I, Cosh on 25 July, 2016, 10:57:42 AM
Is there any possibility of this getting a digital release?

The word is: yes. The focus is on getting the print issues out right now, but BHP informs me that digital editions should be starting to surface before Christmas, although Comixology's labyrinthine approval process means that Rok may not appear there until the new year.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

dancornwell

Just a note to say you can still purchase signed copies from me. Bundle deals too. 1-3 for just £10 or all 4 for only £14 with £2 P&P. This will become a classic John Wagner collection so here's your chance to get signed issues!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: dancornwell on 25 November, 2016, 08:08:33 PM
Just a note to say you can still purchase signed copies from me. Bundle deals too. 1-3 for just £10 or all 4 for only £14 with £2 P&P. This will become a classic John Wagner collection so here's your chance to get signed issues!

You'd be a fool to yourself if you didn't do this!

dancornwell

Leigh S

Still watching out for 4 at my LFCBS....

Bolt-01

At TB I was lucky enough to snag a copy from Abby Bulmer. JW sold all the copies he'd got with him.

It really is 'that' good. It is honest to goodness, fun comics.

Hawkmumbler

Rok is one of the best comics i'm reading right now, hand down, and absolute classic of both sports and sci-fi comicdom.

dancornwell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 25 November, 2016, 10:35:13 PM

It really is 'that' good. It is honest to goodness, fun comics.

That's a perfect summary of the comic. Fun. It puts a smile on your face and makes you feel like a kid again.