Main Menu

New Poll: "2000AD readers are Desert Island Discs listeners who have a tattoo just in case" True or

Started by 2000AD Online, 22 November, 2004, 03:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

"2000AD readers are Desert Island Discs listeners who have a tattoo just in case"  True or False?

Link: Click to vote

Dudley

...and, in case you're wondering why the question...

Link: http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/features/interviews/2004/parkhouse/parkhouse.shtml" target="_blank">...read this...

Devons Daddy

and sharpen your knife.
the hack  deserves no less.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

therev

er...I listen to Radio 4 alot!
But thats because I listen to XFM all day at work & get abit sick of hearing music sometimes when I get home.

I DON'T have a tattoo but do play in a 'metal band, drink, have sex, take drugs & smoke.
I also thought Big Dave was great.

Do I win ?5?*

*Copywrite Viz Comics 1985.

Art

I think a better analogy would be people to listen to some boisterous but ultimately non-threatening morning radio show on radio 1 or commericail radio - you know, the kind with recurring gags and a sence of whackiness that people will constantly sya is not as good as it used to be, one that still manages to be conservative despite its alleged far-out-ness because it never really challenges anything and never really changes.

And, you know, i think thats a reasonably fair assesment of 2K at the moment, but it ignores the occasional high-points that make it really worth getting.

Dudley

"2000AD like Mike Read Breakfast Show", says writer.

BURN HIM!

Richmond Clements

I listen to the morning news on local radio.
I don't have any tattoos.

Am I reading the wrong comic?

Max Kon

Rev, you're like the anti-max
You DON'T have a tattoo but do play in a 'metal band, drink, have sex, take drugs & smoke
I have a body art but don'y play in a metal band, drink, have sex (sadly), take drugs or smoke

Oddboy

I do/have some of the above.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Byron Virgo

I never listen to the radio (except when I'm cooking) because they never manage enough decent tunage, so I have no radio station loyalty.

My mate recently got the 2-Tone logo tattoo'd on his arm, and there was blood everywhere, so I don't think I'll bother with that.

Couldn't really class myself as conservative though - really more of a lazy, woolly-headed liberal (with a small 'l') anarchist, if indeed such a thing could be said to exist.

Still, if the beard fits...

Bico

If there was blood everywhere, Byron, he shouldn't have been on the razzle the night before.  Thins the blood, you see - most decent tattooists will point this out to you because the scabs can make you scratch at your new ink, causing it to be patchy.
Don't listen to radio 4, a bit liberal, play in a rock band, drink a bit, don't smoke, read the naidrauG, have a vague memory of what sex is like, and still didn't like Miller's stuff for 2000ad.

I still don't get how Parkhouse reckons he's more right about this than everyone else, including the poor accountant who watched tooth sales go down the toilet in the wake of the Summer Offensive.  Miller and Morrison FAILED to reinvent the comic, it's a fact.  Historical revisionism isn't going to change that.
Opinions, it is said, are like arseholes...

Queen Firey-Bou

ya bastards, i don't play in a rock band or do drugs. my sex is...or at least should still be.. female.

most radio makes me snarl.

should i be reading peoples friend?

the only conservative thing in this house is the toilet roll.

The Amstor Computer

Good point, Bear.

Reading between the lines, I think Parkhouse was quite comfortable with the attitudes of people like Millar, Morrison and McKenzie to the comic. I suspect because he cared little for the comic anyway, the way they approached it and the results of their tenures didn't really make much difference to him - all of which makes it easier for him to brush off any complaints about the changes as the complaints of "die-hards" from another generation or grumbling sci-fi fans denied their fix.

Anyway, it's just the opinion of one man, and I'll happily ignore it and carry on enjoying his gorgeous artwork.

(BTW - I thought the dig at his fellow artists on 2000AD was wholly unnecessary and unfair...)

Endjinn

I have tattoos, but don't listen to Radio 4. Although the middle-of-the-road-ish nature of the stereo at work means I listen to far much more indie music than a self-respecting metalboy really should.

gavzilla

Humph - I do listen to Radio 4, and yes I've got a tattoo.