Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

Many thanks, Tomwe. If the credit for the artist David Bircham is correct, then Slaine volume 7 should have everything up to and including 'The Secret Commonwealth'. (It's going to be a big volume though!)

moly

Next delivery payment now showing in the Hatchett site so hopefully next week or so for delivery but looks like next figure so fingers crossed

sintec

The Hewligan's cover is quite interesting though - it raises the question why is Al Ewing's name on there?

https://forbiddenplanet.com/276380-2000ad-ultimate-graphic-novel-collection-59/

moly

The Hewligan's cover is quite interesting though - it raises the question why is Al Ewing's name on there?

https://forbiddenplanet.com/276380-2000ad-ultimate-graphic-novel-collection-59/

Maybe doctor what ?

Frank

Zaucer Of Zilk, presumably. Ewing & McCarthy collaborated on a Dr Who parody Dredd strip, Dr What?

Jade Falcon

Quote from: Tomwe on 24 August, 2019, 12:15:00 PM
Rogue vol4- issue 55. We know the creators of Hewligan's haircut and Volgon War so I'll save you my posting those.

Is this the last Rogue Trooper book?  That's the cover for the old Re-Gene reprint.  Or are we getting stuff beyond that.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 24 August, 2019, 10:20:03 PM
Quote from: Tomwe on 24 August, 2019, 12:15:00 PM
Rogue vol4- issue 55. We know the creators of Hewligan's haircut and Volgon War so I'll save you my posting those.

Is this the last Rogue Trooper book?  That's the cover for the old Re-Gene reprint.  Or are we getting stuff beyond that.

A fifth book to come, but we don't know what'll be in it. Presumably Rennie's early 2000s-run, maybe Cinnabar and other odds n' sods.
@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Frank on 24 August, 2019, 05:57:09 PM

Zaucer Of Zilk, presumably. Ewing & McCarthy collaborated on a Dr Who parody Dredd strip, Dr What?

Doctor What was in the Dredd collection volume 87, a volume of Al Ewing stories, and we've been promised no duplication between the two collections. Page count suggests Zaucer of Zilk would fit, along with Hewligan, Sooner or Later and Swifty's Return, along with something else - Hap Hazzard maybe, that could be a good fit here.

TordelBack

Robes

For some reason my sub seems to have gone to shit.  I haven't had any problems up till now but I had to speak to the guys at Facebook to get my last issues sent out, I haven't received anything since issue 46, what should we be on now?

IndigoPrime

Depends. Subs should in theory be getting 53/54 this coming week. I'm awaiting 51/52 here, although that's because my sub has this year alone slipped about four weeks. Some people are even further behind than that. If you contact them, they should at the very least be sending through to 51/52, I'd say.

Robes

I contacted them on Facebook and they are sending 47 - 50.  It's great that they react so quickly, but I don't understand why I don't seem to be receiving them normally anymore.  Everything has been fine through the Judge Deesd collection and the 2000ad collection until around issue 40 where they just seem to have stopped bothering to send them out.

Geoff

My mega collection worked more smoothly too. The ultimate collection is a bit hit and miss with delivery, I've not received 51/52 yet.

Sabreman64

Like Geoff and Robes, I've also been having problems with Hachette subscriptions lately. Although I cancelled my subscription to the 2000 AD collection several months ago, I still have two subscriptions with Hachette (Routemaster and Terminator). I've not received a delivery from either subscription since around the end of June. Both subscriptions have the status 'running', but the most recent date on both subscriptions is 20th June. I've no idea what's going on there. It looks as if I'll have to contact them about it.

IndigoPrime

51/52 showed up here today. So if I'm charitable in taking into account the bank holiday, that's the first set of books that's arrived within the four-week range since March. Since I resubscribed, my account has slipped five and a half weeks. Hachette support argues otherwise, preferring gaslighting to admitting the truth. Oh well. At least the books are good and didn't arrive with any damage this month.