Main Menu

Stupid things people have actually said to you.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 18 October, 2004, 07:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Firey-Bou

i also get very cross on a daily basis, when people who know me, who know i'm a fire fighter etc etc, say too me at work, "oh you can't lift that its too heavy", often when i actually have sack of coal/birdnuts/tatties already easily balanced on my head... er yes i am doing, do i look like its difficult ?

so what the feck to they think i do in the brigade? make the coffee while the 'men' haul the people out o burning buildings?

ArGHHHH

chimpanzor

SO, when a delivery comes in at work, we're supposed to have two people there for safety reasons and quicker unloading. I go out there to help the other guy unload, but then the duty manager pops up and whisks him away, leaving me on me tod. Fine, I think, I can do it myself easily, not my problem if the duty manager woman supersedes company policy. Of course she comes out ten minutes later and asks me why I'm not wearing my yellow coat, then fucks off again... so just who out of all of us is more against our precious company policy, huh bitch? ARGH!

Bico

All the time - "Do you do glass?"
They ask this of someone in a warehouse with a ten foot sign with the word 'glazing' on it.
Who's standing in front of several thousand sheets of glass.
And cutting glass at the time.
In front of them.

Bico

And someone who once worked with me asked about Ozzy Osbourne - the one from Bo Selecta:
"Are them his real arms?"

Devons Daddy

my GM today

stop being a lemon and for one be a strawberry Chef.
(???? i think helpedw write the script for dodge ball)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mr C

Couple of gems from my co-worker:

Those cossacks don't come cheap.

You must be careful with your bodily fluids these days.

Conexus

"You must be careful with your bodily fluids these days."

Did your co-worker ever star in Doctor Strangelove ?

Banners

"What's so fair about Fair Trade bananas? They cost more, they're smaller and don't last as long. Doesn't seem very fair to me."

M@

Conexus

They are fair, mr moany, because the growers actualy get a living wage, okay ?

Matt Timson

"Of course my work's better than yours- I did it on a Mac, not a PC".

I get this a lot from a couple of people who simply cannot draw that well.  No matter what equipment they're using.

:)
Pffft...

Cthulouis

we were watching the film of War of the Worlds once, and mum looked up and said

"so, when did this happen then?"

Banners

Someone said this to me once...

"They are fair, mr moany, because the growers actualy get a living wage, okay ?"

M@

Conexus

sorry, I fail to comprehend how the above is a stupid statement.

Do you get the Daily Mail ?

Banners

sorry, I fail to comprehend how the above is a stupid statement.

It was a stupid statement becuase this is a thread about stupid things people have said to you. The bananas thing is what someone said to me. Hence my contribution to this thread.

We - being liberated free-thinking superior beings - all know that the "fair" refers to the monies the farmers get, and that's why it was stupid of them to say it.

If the thread had have been entitled "Stupid things you believe" and I'd have posted that, then your rebuke would have been valid.

And no - I don't buy any newspaper that isn't printed on organic, sustainable recycled hemp, through a printing press using totally animal-ingredient free ink, and manned by Union workers on 10% more than minimum wage.

I'm more left-wing than Ryan Giggs, me.

M@

Conexus

whoops my bad, didn't spot the quote marks :(, just what was said would have worked (in an idiotic rightwinged viewed way) If the idiot thought labeling fair trade goods fair trade was a stupid thing.

Sorry I thought you were a right wing selfish dick, I need new glasses me. In my experience fair trade 'nanas taste better anyway