Main Menu

2000AD/Judge Dredd Megazine continuity?

Started by PsychoGoatee, 09 October, 2007, 06:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoGoatee

I was wondering, how does continuity work between 2000AD and the Megazine?

In general, how long is it before events in the Megazine are part of 2000AD's storyline? Are some things in the Megazine just not recognised in 2000AD?

Also, what Megazine's have a large impact on 2000AD's Judge Dredd stories?

The reason I ask, is because I have a good ammount of 2000 AD, but a very sparse ammount of the Megazine.

JOE SOAP

***In general, how long is it before events in the Megazine are part of 2000AD's storyline? Are some things in the Megazine just not recognised in 2000AD?***

Generally once a month.

Dark Jimbo

Every Meg Dredd is in the same continuity as 2k Dredd - it's only secondary tales and spin-offs that tend to be ignored, like Shimura or Blood of Satanus - and none of them are essential anyway.

Most of the main Dredd events occur in the 2k stories, although there are exceptions - the continuing adventures of P J Maybe now seem to oocur soley in the Meg, for instance.
@jamesfeistdraws

worldshown

And, of course, Inferno was completely ignored by the Meg.

DavidXBrunt

It always seems that the thinking is that all Meg readers read 2k, not all sk readers read the Meg. Significant events tend to tkae place in the weekly, but how the P.J. story in the Meg will affect things remains to be seen.

The Adventurer

Don't forget about Regime Change, the end of that had some ramifications that need to be revisited at some point.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Buttonman

Some pretty Apocalyptic Anderson events haven't raised an eyebrow in 2000ad.

Hopefully now that PJ is mayor things might flit back and forth.

Bico

How often do we hear about the citizen leadership of the Big Meg in 2000ad Dredd anyway?  PJ being mayor is no more important to 2000ad Dredd continuity than if he was head of a bakery.  It could be part of a slow-boiler plan for a larger story coming up later, perhaps, but I've been under the impression that Meg/Tooth crossovers don't go down so well with core readership.

JOE SOAP

The tone of meg stories is generally distinct form those in Twoth, so any connections between stories are generally incidental it seems.

The Adventurer

Lets not forget Cadet Beany gradually becoming a regular recurring supporting character since Cadet in the Meg.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

W. R. Logan

also if john remembers what he's written helps

DavidXBrunt

There's elements that cross over between titles - Judge Manners was introduced and developed in the Meg but offed in the weekly.

Satanist

And didnt Guthrie make his Robo-comeback in the Meg?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

House of Usher

I'd say events that take place in the Megazine take about 3 to 6 months to filter through to 'having happened' in the 2000ad Dredd's back-story, and vice versa.

Story gets written, accepted published. Writer acknowledges events of said story in subsequent scripts for either publication. Stories acknowledging said events see publication. Subsequent to publication, other writers read published stories and acknowledge the events therein, and may choose to acknowledge them in their own stories, which see print about 3 months later, in either 2000ad or the Megazine.
STRIKE !!!