Main Menu

One for the old timers

Started by brassmonkey001, 16 May, 2018, 06:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brassmonkey001

Does anyone remember a one-off story (Future Shocks?) from an early issue where the world population was so dissatisfied with their lot and it was decided to find the living direct descendant of the first person to invent fire or the wheel which was considered where it all started to go wrong, and execute him? I think there was a twist at the end where it actually it was the world president who turned out to be the true descendant and he was the one who came up with the idea in the first place?

Dandontdare

I do indeed - I think this was from the early 300s, and you've got the twist exactly right. I'm sure someone with a better memory will be able to give you the exact prog number and credits.

There was a very similar one where time-viewing allowed everybody in the future to find at least one famous ancestor, except one boring guy - they track his line right back to neanderthal times finding nothing, until he picks up a bone during an argument, so they think he invented the first weapon - but then he tosses it aside and the other caveman picks it up and brains him with it - he is still delighted to get his medal certifying that he's descended from the VICTIM of the very first weapon.

Bad City Blue

It's in the new Future Shocks collection

Ernesto Hornetz Must Die
Script: Gary Rice
Art: Mike White

Prog 211
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

BMCCOLL

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 18 May, 2018, 10:51:40 AM
It's in the new Future Shocks collection

Ernesto Hornetz Must Die
Script: Gary Rice