Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorschachs_Journal

Wow! Nice work Ross! I usually prefer some of the more oldskool Dredd artwork (Nick Percival for example) but there's something fresh about your take on things here. I'll have a look and a think over my lunch break and see if I can come up with anything suitable for it if you want?.
"ANYBODY SEEN RITCHIE?!" - Steven Seagal, Out For Justice, 1991

Youtube comedy channel: www.youtube.com/user/bruceclap

RossBam

Quote from: Rorschachs_Journal on 09 May, 2012, 11:15:41 AM
Wow! Nice work Ross! I usually prefer some of the more oldskool Dredd artwork (Nick Percival for example) but there's something fresh about your take on things here. I'll have a look and a think over my lunch break and see if I can come up with anything suitable for it if you want?.

thanks! that'd be great!

Daveycandlish

My take on Modesty Blaise for The Weekly Themed Art Blog, the theme on which this week is espionage
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Nightbook

Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a while now, but it's only recently that I've got in to digital painting. I was a big fan of 2000 AD back in the day, and I've always enjoyed drawing ol' stoney face, possibly because he only has the one facial expression and it's hard to screw it up.

I was never any cop as an analogue painter. I'd invariably make a mistake, get annoyed, try to undo the damage, make it worse, get more annoyed and give up. Consequently I never finished anything. Obviously it's not a problem when I'm painting digitally - being able to correct mistakes at the touch of a button has been hugely liberating.

Albion

Another Dredd, drawn on the iPad with Procreate.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Emperor

Quote from: Nightbook on 13 May, 2012, 11:25:09 AM
Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a while now, but it's only recently that I've got in to digital painting. I was a big fan of 2000 AD back in the day, and I've always enjoyed drawing ol' stoney face, possibly because he only has the one facial expression and it's hard to screw it up.

I was never any cop as an analogue painter. I'd invariably make a mistake, get annoyed, try to undo the damage, make it worse, get more annoyed and give up. Consequently I never finished anything. Obviously it's not a problem when I'm painting digitally - being able to correct mistakes at the touch of a button has been hugely liberating.

Welcome - looks like you've found the right tool for the job.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

terrapin

ink wash experiment over a Slaine sketch - he is about to go into a serious spasm

TordelBack

terrapin

cheers Tordelback, though my wife has just pointed out he has no nipples. a bit of a boo boo... nevermind

mygrimmbrother

Wonderful Slaine there Terrapin, absolutely love it  :)

TordelBack

Quote from: terrapin on 13 May, 2012, 10:03:23 PM
...my wife has just pointed out he has no nipples. a bit of a boo boo... nevermind

Pah, it's 'cos he twisted around in his skin when he started to warp: they're at the back now.  That's the danger of not wearing a hero harness. 

Jon

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 12 May, 2012, 06:33:22 PM

My take on Modesty Blaise for The Weekly Themed Art Blog, the theme on which this week is espionage

Really beautiful.

staticgirl

That Modesty Balise is indeed v beautiful.

Great Slaine - he's about to do some serious damage but i like how it also looks a bit painful as well as beautiful.

Nightbook - That's why I took up digital painting too. It's very liberating....

It's interesting how different JD's face is with each artist, everyone sees something new about him.

Rorschachs_Journal

Still slowly working my way through this thread when I'm at work! Some seriously talented people on here! Another few people who have caught my eye...

Staticgirl
Steven Denton
Anderson's Shame
BMB
ChainGunChimp

Great art!!!!

Oh and nice Slaine Terrapin!  :D
"ANYBODY SEEN RITCHIE?!" - Steven Seagal, Out For Justice, 1991

Youtube comedy channel: www.youtube.com/user/bruceclap

mygrimmbrother

Couple of 10 minute portraits I inked up and toned in photoshop for practice: