Main Menu

Looking for back issues of the 50's and 60's Eagle

Started by sbelmont, 08 September, 2012, 02:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbelmont

Hi
I know this request may be seen as possibly off forum; but I am looking complete my collection of The Eagle, which was the original home of the great Dan Dare, whom Tharg did kindly provide a short lived home in his great organ of Galactic Knowledge. Hence if any of you possibly have any issues to sell I could post my wants list.

Before anyone sends me a Riggelan Hotshot saying look at ebay, I am doing that actively

Regards

maryanddavid

30th century comics in London and the Book Palace are two shops that are worth a look, just google for the web site.
IIRC Wake here is a big Eagle fan.
I love the original Dan Dare, I was lucky enough to but the Hawke books when they came out( the new ones have nothing on these) and the whole Rogue Planet/Man from Nowhere stuff is one of my favourite comic stories.

David

sbelmont

Hi
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately both of these shops have my wants list already. Another great seller is Boarder Books up North, they have been stunning in their responsiveness and are certainly worth looking at for British comics. My problem is I am trying to finish my run so I have point issues to collect.

I too have the Hawk Books, what triggered my liking of Dan Dare was the the really beautifully produced Dragon's Dream books of the late 70s. It is interesting to compare the two versions of the stories they printed as you'll see how Frank Hampson's colleagues re-purposed the art in the DD books.
Cheers