Main Menu

Return to Armageddon

Started by Floyd-the-k, 16 July, 2007, 02:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

I've just read the superb prog 204, which I found in a bookshop in a little country town here. Bizarely, this little country retreat,famous for Goldrush era buildings, hot springs, witches and lesbians, also has a bookshop with a HUGE comics section. I bought four old 2000AD's there.

Anyway, was Return to Aermageddon any good? I'm a bit underwhelmed by the one episode here.

yours curiously,

FLoyd

johnnystress

It's a story I liked at the time but I could really do with a re-read in it's entirety

A good candidate for an EE?

Smiley

From Prog 185, the first few episodes were really good and quite promising. Fairly creepy stuff for the time, about a starship crew stumbling upon a frozen planet with cloven-hooved corpses in the ice. Then it nosedived into a duff good versus evil fantasy quest that seemed to drag on forever until Prog 218.

Peter Wolf

I never liked it at all.Neither the story or the art i am very sorry to say.It  was the one strip that i never read at the time.   I think the same now as i did then.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Skeabost

Redondo art, right? In which case, who cares about the story!? I do remember an immortal character being encased in concrete, which seemed to me at the time (and still does) pretty horrific.

[YT-2]

It had a great start and ending but lagged a bit in the middle but I have a huge fondness for it. Some great art in places and well deserves the EE treatment.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&choice=return" target="_blank">RETURN TO ARMAGEDDON

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/195.jpg">

Trout

It's screaming for an EE reprint. As I've said on the board several times, it's got to be one of the maddest and creepiest stories ever printed in a children's comic.

- Trout

Dark Jimbo

Anything that involves Redondo gets my vote. EE please!
@jamesfeistdraws

mogzilla

can't remember much about it but have mentioned recently that it was one of those things that "distirbed"me as a kid,extreme edition please tharg!!!

Richard

It had some good moments, but it just dragged on and on and on and on....

Radbacker

Floyd, what little town is this comic shop in, you still in Vic as I'll be over there in August and always looking to visit out of the comic shops(there used to be a good one in Bendigo but it wasn't there last time I went over), though i suppose you've raided all the 2000AD's.  Last time I was over there I got a bunch of Megazine volume ones at a little shop in Shepperton, its always in the little stores that you find the treasure.
Never read Armagedon but sound interesting and surely its what the E.E.'s were created for.

CU Radbacker

CapKlep

This scared the crap out of me as an 8 year old reading it for the first time. Still have a fondness for it now. Nobody does zombies like Redondo. I wish they could find a decent strip for that guy to get back into the prog. One of my all time fave 2k artists.

Dog Deever

Redondo. That's enough for me.
Big satany devil guy,
Quality.
Anyone who disagrees is fully infested with thrill suckers!
Give us Return to Armageddon, Tharg or I shall be forced to break the code of conduct and call you a cunt.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Floyd-the-k

Radbacker, the bookshop is 'The Avant Garden' in Vincent St, Daylesford.  It's not a comic shop as such, rather a second hand bookshop, but the comics room is vast. They have a good collection of old annuals too. However, due to Daylesford's extreme trendiness, it's not cheap. There are about 20 old 2000ADs left there at six bucks a pop.  If I win a lottery, I'll go back there and buy them along with the wall full of old Phantom comics.
  The Return to Armageddon episode I read involved an immortal bloke living in terrible pain, a belt that could take people back in time and unkill them (very handy, very strontium dog) and a robotish bloke who looked like something out of Star Wars.

Radbacker

holley shit $6 each, still if I dont have em I probably will.  Erm, where's Daylesford?(ignorant West Australian here)