Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Tickets and hotel booked - just travel left to sort. Given the cost already I'm eyeing Megabus.

But I don't regret a penny of it!!  😄😄😄

Bad City Blue

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Goaty

No job, no payment from job centre for last 6 months cos of Universal Credit. So can't go. Have fun creeps!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I just booked. Wasn't going to, but then the wife said "well, it's been a big part of your life for 40 years" so...

Happy to share a room with anyone who wants to buddy up; I'll likely go for two nights but might stay with a pal on the Friday depending on what's going on.

Also, any Cal-habbers wanting to get a train down on the Friday?

Lock up your spoons!

Buttonman

Sorry X my flight is booked for Saturday morning and I have slightly worrying accommodation lined up. See you there - looks like a good %age of the bard/readership will be in attendance.

Fungus

COMMANDO FORCES

What do you mean, slightly worrying accommodation lined up. That room will be the coolest room at the Con and I've already bought welcoming drinks for us all :D

terryworld

exTREMEly jealous of you guys getting to enjoy this one. fingers crossed i can win the lottery before xmas and get a strato-bat from Oz to attend. (and no, i don't think i can do a chopper and make it there on a 'board)

hope you all have a great time fellas!

Buttonman

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 November, 2016, 10:52:14 PM
What do you mean, slightly worrying accommodation lined up. That room will be the coolest room at the Con and I've already bought welcoming drinks for us all :D

Er, worried that I won't be able to keep up with the cool kids! No, it will be great not least for the nebulising sleep onslaught!

ming

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 02 November, 2016, 09:18:20 PM
I just booked. Wasn't going to, but then the wife said "well, it's been a big part of your life for 40 years" so...

Pretty much what happened with me; booked a ticket in case I could somehow swing a trip from Norway then the missus pushed me into it.  Now the whole family are now London-bound in February and I'll get to be a geeky kid for a whole day.

Hawkmumbler

I sincerely want to go, but not sure at present I can afford it. Time will tell.

Satanist

You can all relax as I can now confirm I will be there!

;)

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

inkymonkey

Quote from: ming on 03 November, 2016, 11:09:26 AM

Pretty much what happened with me; booked a ticket in case I could somehow swing a trip from Norway then the missus pushed me into it.  Now the whole family are now London-bound in February and I'll get to be a geeky kid for a whole day.

Excellent!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: ming on 03 November, 2016, 11:09:26 AM

Oh that's great news. Now all we have to do is make sure there's enough Lego to let you run riot and we can sit and make stuff all day.

Don't suppose there's any chance you'll have any of the sketchbooks to hand when you land?

ming

Quote from: inkymonkey on 03 November, 2016, 11:08:08 PM
Quote from: ming on 03 November, 2016, 11:09:26 AMPretty much what happened with me; booked a ticket in case I could somehow swing a trip from Norway then the missus pushed me into it.  Now the whole family are now London-bound in February and I'll get to be a geeky kid for a whole day.

Excellent!

Thanks!  See you there... :D

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 November, 2016, 06:37:52 AMOh that's great news. Now all we have to do is make sure there's enough Lego to let you run riot and we can sit and make stuff all day.

Don't suppose there's any chance you'll have any of the sketchbooks to hand when you land?

With a bit of luck I'll bring enough Lego to make a few fatties to give away on the day.  As for the sketchbooks, if any artists currently in possession are attending there might some on hand, yes *cough* inkymonkey *cough*.  Will be very weird for me to see things first-hand; 42 contributions so far and I've only seen one of them myself.

Speaking of which, I have something to add to that thread.