Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkymonkey

Quote from: ming on 04 November, 2016, 09:17:43 AM

With a bit of luck I'll bring enough Lego to make a few fatties to give away on the day.  As for the sketchbooks, if any artists currently in possession are attending there might some on hand, yes *cough* inkymonkey *cough*.  Will be very weird for me to see things first-hand; 42 contributions so far and I've only seen one of them myself.

Speaking of which, I have something to add to that thread.

I'm sure I don't know what you're on about...  :lol:

inkymonkey

Quote from: inkymonkey on 04 November, 2016, 10:25:00 AM

With a bit of luck I'll bring enough Lego to make a few fatties to give away on the day.  As for the sketchbooks, if any artists currently in possession are attending there might some on hand, yes *cough* inkymonkey *cough*.  Will be very weird for me to see things first-hand; 42 contributions so far and I've only seen one of them myself.

...but when I'm finally done on this film, my first thing to do is any commissions I may or may not have been asked to do...

ming

Quote from: inkymonkey on 04 November, 2016, 10:26:52 AM

...but when I'm finally done on this film, my first thing to do is any commissions I may or may not have been asked to do...

The first thing you should do is put your feet up and have a nice cup of tea, I think.  The rest can wait.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Hotel - booked

Train down - booked

Need to sort the train back tho'! It wasn't on sale in Glasgow.

Going 1st class on the way... £12 more for a fry up, lunch and free booze.

Woo and, indeed, hoo.

Satanist and I are getting the 940 from Glasgow Central on the Friday for those who are up for an anti-hell trek.
Lock up your spoons!

Jim_Campbell

Ticket and hotel booked. Annoyingly, can't book a train more than thirteen weeks in advance through East Midlands trains, so that'll have to wait.

Still, that's cheered me up no end since I was sulking about missing Thought Bubble this year. :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 07 November, 2016, 06:35:31 PM
Ticket and hotel booked. Annoyingly, can't book a train more than thirteen weeks in advance through East Midlands trains, so that'll have to wait.

Still, that's cheered me up no end since I was sulking about missing Thought Bubble this year. :-)

Yeah, oddly we could book up until the 10th, but trains from the 11th go on sale next week.
Lock up your spoons!

inkymonkey

Quote from: ming on 04 November, 2016, 10:34:35 AM
Quote from: inkymonkey on 04 November, 2016, 10:26:52 AM

The first thing you should do is put your feet up and have a nice cup of tea, I think.  The rest can wait.

That'll be first thing - after the obligatory coma.

Satanist

So whats gonna happen at this thing then? Signings, sketches and talks? or is it just gonna be like that bit at the end of Society

Is Tharg gonna be there?

Genuine question as Ive never been to a comic con which concerns just the one comic.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

dweezil2

Quote from: Satanist on 08 November, 2016, 05:39:58 PM
So whats gonna happen at this thing then? Signings, sketches and talks? or is it just gonna be like that bit at the end of Society

Is Tharg gonna be there?

Genuine question as Ive never been to a comic con which concerns just the one comic.

Hopefully that bit at the end of Society!!!  :o
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Steve Green

Quote from: Satanist on 08 November, 2016, 05:39:58 PM

Is Tharg gonna be there?

I would imagine judging by what has been said, and what other cons have done, particularly Lawgiver which is themed around Dredd.

Panels - not sure how many, Lawgiver tended to have too many IMHO which eats into time for sketches/signings/chats with creators

Live drawing has been mentioned - Lawgiver 3 last year had artists being given a topic to sketch in front of an audience.

Lawgiver also had a 15-1 type quiz, so that could be a possibility

I imagine there could be some dealer tables.

I guess we'll find out soon enough via the Thrill-Mail on wednesdays...

COMMANDO FORCES

Buttonman

Albion

Anthrax are playing in London the night before and they will be playing I Am The Law as they are playing all of Among The Living.
\m/

http://anthrax.com/tour/
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

ZenArcade

Yep CF would need to have a couple of bottles of 3 swallows or Green Spot whiskey up in the temporary Cellar of Dredd. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

sheridan

Quote from: Albion on 17 November, 2016, 07:57:16 AM
Anthrax are playing in London the night before and they will be playing I Am The Law as they are playing all of Among The Living.
\m/

http://anthrax.com/tour/

I'm not really in to Anthrax, but that gig is at the Kentish Town O2, walking distance from home...