Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: LARF on 08 February, 2017, 04:32:10 PM
What's everyone doing Friday night, I'll be down around 5ish, is there a pub meet anywhere?

Keen to know this too
Lock up your spoons!

Dunk!

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 February, 2017, 05:16:18 PM
What's everyone doing Friday night, I'll be down around 5ish, is there a pub meet anywhere?

Keen to know this too

Well there are two Friday meet ups I'm aware of.

The Southern Contingent are meeting up at the Novotel bar from 3pm onwards (we get thirsty early), very friendly bunch all welcome.

And the DSDC have a meet up from 7pm, though folks might arrive earlier, at the William Morris pub in Hammersmith. You'll probably recognise them by their DSDC tshirts and I vouch they're a friendly bunch too.

Hope that helps.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Molch-R

Quote from: opaque on 08 February, 2017, 02:54:12 PM
Yes sorry, I meant streamed but Facebook says '...we are planning to make some of the programming available after the event.' but that might just be odd clips. Hopefully not as Rebellion is very good what with the length of podcast interviews etc.
But then if that is happening then us recording talks shouldn't be a problem then, just to make sure.

Rest assured we'll be recording as much of the day on video and audio as is physically possible, for those unable to make it.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dunk! on 08 February, 2017, 07:22:39 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 February, 2017, 05:16:18 PM

Keen to know this too

The Southern Contingent are meeting up at the Novotel bar from 3pm onwards (we get thirsty early), very friendly bunch all welcome.

And the DSDC have a meet up from 7pm, though folks might arrive earlier, at the William Morris pub in Hammersmith. You'll probably recognise them by their DSDC tshirts and I vouch they're a friendly bunch too.

Hope that helps.

Dunk!

Block Rumble!  ;)

I should be arriving around teatime holding the helm of the Mighty Dode Coleman's robes as he strolls majestically through the huddled masses.
DDT did a job on me

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: Molch-R on 08 February, 2017, 07:35:02 PM
Quote from: opaque on 08 February, 2017, 02:54:12 PM
Yes sorry, I meant streamed but Facebook says '...we are planning to make some of the programming available after the event.' but that might just be odd clips. Hopefully not as Rebellion is very good what with the length of podcast interviews etc.
But then if that is happening then us recording talks shouldn't be a problem then, just to make sure.

Rest assured we'll be recording as much of the day on video and audio as is physically possible, for those unable to make it.

There's so much going on, I'm sure that the people attending will also appreciate it as well.  ;)

opaque

Quote from: Steven Sterlacchini on 08 February, 2017, 08:10:10 PM
There's so much going on, I'm sure that the people attending will also appreciate it as well.  ;)

That is exactly what I was thinking Steve. Thanks Molch-R! Puts my mind at ease.

Goaty

Sounds fun for the day!

What cosplays would be there?

JaHawkDroid

How's everyone deciding what to take to get signed? As I'm travelling down from Leeds with the missus for a weekend in London, thought it would best to go light on the books. Tempted to just bring my bible (aka the Script Book) and try to get as many scribbles in one book as I possibly can over the course of the day....

I don't really do conventions much...  :lol:

ZenArcade

Sector House 13 will be crashing the Southern Contingent drinks....by our groovy T shirts and nonchalant demeanor shall ye know us.... Oh and our Northern/North of Ireland accents. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

COMMANDO FORCES

For some of us lucky buggers the 40th has already begun. The man from down under made it to the UK OK but eventually escaped from the Cellar and ran to the comic shop when I wasn't looking!

Mark Sexton signed his superb cover to one of the IDW Dredd issues. I think he's gonna be signing for a long time come Saturday, so make sure you don't miss out!

COMMANDO FORCES

We managed to grab a bite to eat in the world famous Pete Wells Pasty Emporium, sorry Pete, you lost out in breaking his Pasty Cherry  ;)

As you can see, we did it the posh way and ate inside.

COMMANDO FORCES

Then it was off to The Grinning Demon for the handover to Dan, for Mark's next leg of 2000 AD goodness.

Don't forget to grab Mark at some time over the day and get his signature folks :thumbsup:

Mikey

Hopefully that pastie is well digested before Saturday!

Quote from: Dunk! on 08 February, 2017, 07:22:39 PM

Hope that helps.

Dunk!

I presume the Novotel session is 3 till late? I'll see you there at some point I expect - I'll actually be arriving between 3-4 but am at the moment intending on heading over to Gosh! for Pat and Kev's signing thing before I take a sip o' liquor.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

COMMANDO FORCES

That's correct and I'll be heading over for the Pat & Kev show as well but I may have quaffed at least a drink or two before ;)

Mikey

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.