Main Menu

Overheard conversation

Started by worldshown, 01 May, 2008, 01:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

worldshown

Not one I heard, but got told it recently.

"Darren, your mum's a slag an' she shops at Aldi's "
"My mum does not shop at Aldi's"

Peter Wolf

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122/peterwolf_album/?action=view¤t=-1.jpg" target="_blank">http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z122/peterwolf_album/-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

Since you say that i was going to visit this place this afternoon only to be informed that it has been burnt to the ground since i last visited which at least saved wasted time and petrol.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

...that it has been burnt to the ground since i last visited which at least saved wasted time and petrol.

There's two ways you could read that, Pete!

House of Usher

So true! I first read that in the (presumably) unintended sense.

Saved you the trouble there, eh, Pete? LOL.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

NO !!

I was just interested in exploring it.I dont get involved in vandalism or arson.

I meant petrol used in getting there from here !

House of Usher

(we know!) - Shame - it looked pretty.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Years ago there was a guy who was always busking in the Laines who played a guitar and sang who always had this really big rabbit who would sit next to him .The Rabbit was his pet.

Anyway sometimes he wouldnt do very well and didnt get much money for playing so a couple of times i walked past and listened to what he was singing and it was hilarious because he was singing "Fucking load of tight bastards ....I am just wasting my time ....Why do i fucking bother...I might as well piss off to the pub...."

Really funny.

Martin Jameson

Was in a comic shop in Canterbury a couple of years ago and there was this boy of about 11 -12 in there with his (uncomfortable looking) mum.
Anyway he is looking at some comic he wanted to buy - Superman or something and the conversation went something like:

mum: "Darling can we go please?"
son: "Can I have this one mum?"
mum: "No darling I really want to go!"
son: "But mum...."
Mum: "Look, I don't like it in here and I don't want you having thing's like that - if you want a comic we wll go to Smiths and I will buy you a Beano or something...now lets GO!"

Poor kid went bright red and had to suffer the sniggers of others on the way out.

TordelBack

Heh, back in teh early 90's I used to count pedestrian numbers for a retail research centre, long hour standing in the cold clicking a little clicker and listening to talk radio (no music, or you started clicking to the beat with disastrous consequences for some poor storekeep's rent.  I got chatting with this bloke who was begging a few yards up the street, fascinating guy. As I was packing up for the evening he asked me: "If you don't mind me asking, how much do they pay you for that?".  Four quid an hour, says I, proudly.  He roared laughing, showed me a wad of cash shoved in his shoe, and announced "I wouldn't get out of bed for that!".