Main Menu

forbidden planet

Started by zep, 09 May, 2003, 11:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Belfast used to have a great independant comic shop, then one day I made the journey into the big smoke (I'm not there that often, so trips to the comic shop are precious), to find it bought over by FP. Not to worry, I thought stepping inside.
Hold on! This is a toy shop!

They still do comics and GNs, but too many toys!

paulvonscott

Hmmm... but how many of these would still be around and still selling any comics if they hadn't been taken over by FP?

Probably all sorts of complex arguments involved here.

Oh and Middlesborough FP (a FP scotland branch) have 2000AD and a pretty good rack of comics, and there's Books N' Comics on Lithorpe road too.

But why do you want to know orlok?

Buddy

Indeed rac. Talisman is no more but they still do comics, graphic novels and back issues (go upstairs) and the staff remain the same (apart from a few new upstarts and alas no Frankie Fuzz, he left for the dizzy heights of B&Q).

And most importantly it's still run by comics fans (Mal ther manager has had strips in Crisis and wrote a few other things for Fantagraphics and Image) and I still call it Talisman.

Richmond Clements

'and I still call it Talisman.'

Yeah! Me too, but then, to me a Marathon will always be a Marathon, and Opal Fruits just that...