Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 19 October, 2012, 11:10:21 PM
These weren't featured on Artdroids were they? Does he have a secret stash?  :o

No, not on Artdroids, and secret stash? Well, dunno about that, but i think he has a couple left. If your interested, then drop him a line. He dont bite.

And talking of Mr Dayglo, this page was unfortunatley delayed (recieved today!), but he pulled out all the stops to ensure it arrived ASAP. Many thanks Rufus, your a star!
So one more then, and thats me done,  ;) The very first appearence of War Marshal 'mad dog' Kazan.

hippynumber1

I'd love to but I have bought a page I'm VERY excited about that means my art budget is depleted - all will be revealed in good time... :-X

Dr Feeley Good

Can't believe he still had that page!,when I asked him for a page with sov judges on he sent me pictures of about five, I nearly got that one instead of the one I ended up buying !! Great page...

opaque

I thought I saw someone say he didn't have anymore? :P

I desperately want one but just don't have the money!

Spikes

Quote from: opaque on 20 October, 2012, 11:33:01 PM
I thought I saw someone say he didn't have anymore? :P

You did,  ;)

Quote from: J3D1 on 09 October, 2012, 09:26:28 PM
Only Apoc war page he had mind.

I think, as of now, Rufus has two more Apoc War pages left, that he's selling.

J3D1

Awesome pages!
It's raining OG's!

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 15 May, 2012, 11:48:05 PM
Just saw a Ron Smith Judge Child Quest DPS on eBay and looking at the close-ups, something struck me as odd... A couple of heads have been pasted on - nothing particularly strange there (even one of the images of Chopper on the page I have received the same treatment), but these don't seem to be by Ron Smith - look more like Robin Smith to me, or is it just my brain acting up?  I think Robin Smith was art editor at some point, but wasn't that later than this?

With all things Block Mania/Apocalypse War related at the fore, i was having a re-read last night, and this panel has always struck me as odd. More Robin Smith tampering? Its not Ron Smith art, thats for sure.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Judge Jack on 19 October, 2012, 09:11:48 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 19 October, 2012, 08:49:34 PM
my all-time favourite one-off characters, Ocks. If we ever saw him bustin' heads back on the streets of The Big Meg, I can't remember it; but I imagine he'd be like one of James Ellroy's violent bull cops.

The gaps in my prog collection mean i cant be certain, but i think Ocks may no longer be with us,  :'(
And thanks for the kind words Sauchie, glad you like the pages!
Theres some great guys on this thread, doing a sterling job for the archives. Just happy to be doing my bit.

Didn't Ocks first appear in the line up of judges being briefed by Cal in The Day the Law Died?...last I recall he lost an arm in battle in a shanty outside MC1 (drawn by Ron Smith)...apologies if you have covered this.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

o1s1n

Finally got my hands on those Hicklenton pages. Took some quick snaps. I'll really have to wait for some daylight to get better ones, they're absolutely incredible pages and these photos do them no justice. There's a lot of pasting of different artwork, especially page 49.

Here's the other two pages I already had.

hippynumber1

I want that Thoth page Gruddamnit!

Dunk!

The sheer torment Hicklenton captures in Torquemada's eyes on that last page. Genius.
"Trust we"

Greg M.

Superb Hicklenton pages - his take on Torque really emphasised the sordid nature of the character, which Pat was also increasingly hinting at (not that it was ever in doubt.) I know exactly what you mean about photos not doing them justice - I own the art for a complete episode of 'Deathbringer' and the level of fine detail is phenomenal.

o1s1n

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 02 November, 2012, 07:27:36 AM
I want that Thoth page Gruddamnit!

That was one of the two pages he sent me via email when I wasn't sure what other artwork he had. Almost fell off my seat when I saw what it was! Actually, that's a pretty calm reaction, my brain almost exploded.

I literally cannot put into words how amazing it is in person. There's so much going on.

Quote from: Dunk! on 02 November, 2012, 09:42:22 AM
The sheer torment Hicklenton captures in Torquemada's eyes on that last page. Genius.

I always remember that being one of the images which really stuck with me when first reading it as a kid. All those flies in there, the joints melted closed - makes you skin crawl!

Quote from: Greg M. on 02 November, 2012, 11:52:14 AM
Superb Hicklenton pages - his take on Torque really emphasised the sordid nature of the character, which Pat was also increasingly hinting at (not that it was ever in doubt.) I know exactly what you mean about photos not doing them justice - I own the art for a complete episode of 'Deathbringer' and the level of fine detail is phenomenal.

Ah, I've seen your Deathbringer pages over on COF, they're sublime - that splash of Purity is really something else.

You'd really  need to photograph the pages in tiny segments to try and show the detail. I'm tempted to bring them into work and scan them up on the big flatbed scanners. 

Dandontdare

WOW - those are some awesome pages.

J3D1

Now where have I seen page 57 from?
Didn't someone from the threeA boards own that?

Can't recall. Gah!