Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote.. my smoke alarm has started beeping. A single beep every 2 mins. Probably needs a new battery but its a PITA to get too.

It's the battery alright.  For Grud's sake fix it now Mike, I've been in exactly one burning house too many, and it was only the fire alarm that (narrowly) prevented multiple deaths.  It's not a sight I'll ever forget.  If Bou were here she'd boot your arse up that ladder in jig time.  You don't want that waiting for you at the end of the Helltrek.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 September, 2009, 01:05:00 AM
QuoteArmed Forces (1979)

A truly great album - permanently ensconced on my MP3 player, terrific driving music.  Never cottoned to Billy Bragg myself.

I am not a big fan of Billy Bragg either but i do unhesitantly recommend an album called Dont Try This At Home.

It features a guitar ,bass,and drums line up rather than just Billy Bragg on his own.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Trout

Don't Try This At Home's a great album.

Also: FIX THE DAMN ALARM NOW! It's only a battery. You wouldn't believe how many stories we run where people died in a fire and the smoke alarm didn't go off. It would break your heart.

- Trout

Mike Gloady

We're going to keep posting until you fix it.  Think of us as a helpful internet "beeping" service.

BEEP!
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

Oops, I got the Nemeses mixed up, made a right warlocks of it.  It's James S that needs to get his bloody finger out.  BEEEEEEEP!

I, Cosh

Quote from: King Trout on 24 September, 2009, 04:21:10 PM
Don't Try This At Home's a great album.
When Billy toured that album me and my mate went to all three Scottish dates. Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh. At the age of 16 it was the most rock'n'roll thing I'd ever done.

"Ah've 'ad relay-shuns..
Wiv gurls from many nay-shuns!"
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Despite having a GAMEBOY Advance and two DSs in the house, we've managed to end up with only one charger between the three of them.

So I used to keep it safe in a bedside cabinet so it wouldn't get lost.

And now someone has lost it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

No matter how funny you think it is, do not try this at home.

WIFE:  AND IT TURNS OUT THAT VALERIE IS HAVING AN AFFAIR.

TIPLODOCUS: (mugging furiously as if suddenly worried about something):  ER... THEY DIDN'T SAY WITH WHO DID THEY?

Well, I thought it would get a laugh...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

I'd have laughed... have you left the charger at Cam Kennedy's by any chance?  ;)
DDT did a job on me

Peter Wolf

While searching for a trailer for Surrogate on Youtube i noticed that the search function is inactive.

Get over this problem by searching from your channel page instead which works fine.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Quote from: The Cosh on 25 September, 2009, 12:48:42 AM
"Ah've 'ad relay-shuns..
Wiv gurls from many nay-shuns!"

I've never forgiven Billy Bragg for that lyric because I... haven't:(
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

"Sayfe secks dusn't meen naw secks / it juust meens youse yer imm-agin-ayy-shun!"

Roger Godpleton

My left foot hurts from kicking small animals. I don't know why, prolly bad posture.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Kerrin

Mike Gloady