Main Menu

Warlord Dredd Game!

Started by Leigh S, 02 October, 2019, 07:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

This stuff looks so great. I've got to invest in these and the Strontium Dog minis. I wish the Judges had more options so you could use them as an Enforcers warband in Necromunda.
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Leigh S

Managed to track down a copy of this months Wargames Ilustrated, which has a lot of Dredd content - interview with one of the designers states bystanding Citizens are in the rules! Let's just hope they make it into War-resin!  They show off a couple of vehicles Warlord are putting out too....

TordelBack

Dunno where best to post this, but this seems as mini-centric a thread as we get round here.  As part of their latest Bones Kickstarter Reaper are offering the raft of the damned from Tales of the Black Freighter in one of their $25 add-on sets.unlicensed of course,  so the Magus may not even be displeased.  Less than an hour to go,  mind!

Leigh S

Leigh S

https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/judge-dredd

Individual sets are now available for pre-order - Fatties, Street Judges etc. 

Trooper McFad

Order in with 🤶🏻 Now just to finish off the last of my Stront figures and clear the way for a Dredd new year.
Looking forward to seeing what other sets they will introduce in the Future (citi def, SJS, Mechanismo, Chopper, Sisters of Death, Rico?)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

sheridan

Had it delivered yesterday - a few days before the general release date.  Except I wasn't in, so it's sitting in the post office depot and I won't be able to pick it up until the rest of the proles can buy it anyway :-/

Mikey

Mine's out for delivery right now! But I'll not be in so hope I can pick it up over the weekend...
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Mikey

Well, they left the box on the doorstep - thank Grud the aura of justice kept any perps away!

I went balls deep on this and dear sweet Jeebus and all his Saints but it's a big heap of awesome. Interestingly there's a note explaining they ran out of resin so have produced some of the minis in metal - no complaints from me and great to see demand was so high for it. The minis I've looked at so far are up to the usual high standards from Warlord, great clean sculpts - and a nice surprise was the inclusion of the decal sheet recently given away with Wargames Illustrated which I'm really chuffed about because I couldn't find a copy near me.

But now dear friends I have an actual Oola Blint. Achievement, as they say, unlocked!
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Leigh S

Who would not want their own Oola Blint.....

the 2nd wave boxes can be seen here (scroll down), though not the contents...

https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/957-judge-dredd?fbclid=IwAR0AkzZsuUPfvHW7LG8zUb_eSHDt6HN3D8cXiU2hONmffEWaDDWvmqF5Abg

Trooper McFad

Looking forward to seeing the vehicles in more detail and we get the citi Def pretty quickly.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Leigh S

really need bystanding citizens and I need em bad!

TordelBack

It does seem like an obvious addition to make, given the Judges' supposed role of protectors of the citizenry. You'd imagine the crossover appeal of SF Citizens could be enormous (for the SD game if nothing else!), given the difficulty of finding decent/affordable ones. 

Unlike Mikey, I've gone for Just the Tip, aiming to plug holes in my ginormous Dredd minis stash, and reasoning that I've yet to play an actual game of the SD version yet.  Christmas!

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 28 November, 2019, 10:43:46 AM
Had it delivered yesterday - a few days before the general release date.  Except I wasn't in, so it's sitting in the post office depot and I won't be able to pick it up until the rest of the proles can buy it anyway :/

Aargh!  Didn't have it delivered at all - that 'while you were out' note was for something else :(

Better news - on Friday I had a different 'while you were out' note which almost certainly is my Warlord Dredd package :)

Worse news - redelivery / pick up options mean I won't be able to get it until Monday - two days after I could have got it in the shops :(

Better news - the package I did collect today was something I bought on eBay and promptly forgot about, what with Eamonn's auctions, the Warlord stuff and taking advantage of Black Friday week offers on other stuff.  It's the collection of Wargames Foundry 2000AD figures which went completely over my head at the time! :D

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 30 November, 2019, 10:17:03 AM
Better news - the package I did collect today was something I bought on eBay and promptly forgot about, what with Eamonn's auctions, the Warlord stuff and taking advantage of Black Friday week offers on other stuff.  It's the collection of Wargames Foundry 2000AD figures which went completely over my head at the time! :D

(mine are unpainted and baseless)