Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Watchin Minty walk around on Saturday (Some great photo's) I was really impressed by how well it works.

paul_t

I was increadably impressed with all of this - not sure who it was who was showing me the work done so far on the laptop, (el-lopo I assume?), but it's great - props, sets, 3d design, storyboards, how to make the shoulderpads work, what kind of sound design and colour scheme would work for the cursed earth. I really hope this project succeeds: it certainly deserves to.
(not mike's brother)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: "Steve ^McWild^ Green"Dan's still tweaking the costume, the bagginess of the leathers is the main thing to fix, but we're pretty pleased with the look so far.

As you should be it looks amazing. Have to say I quite like the bagginess of the costume, given the story. Minty is a Judge past his prime who's not the man he used to be, slowing up and therefore the loose look of the costume really emphasizes a Judge past his best, as though he once filled it but no longer can.

Just a thought?

TordelBack

Amazing.  And a good look for the holster too.  Eight links on the chain... hmm, nothing in the regs about it, so I'll let it pass this time.  Seriously though, an amazingly good look.

Banners

Looks amazing - though I can't help but think "Minty" is a damn stupid name and you'd be better off going against canon and calling him something that couldn't be misinterpreted as a type of mouthwash.

Best of luck to you!

M@

Pete Wells

Holy shit, the actor even looks like a McMahon character, amazing!

Congratulations guys!

radiator

Not normally a fan of this sort of thing, but nice work!

Have to agree about the name though - it sounds a little ridiculous. I'd change it.

Queen Firey-Bou

yup these pics look amazing, the best Inverness has looked for a while.

I thought the gear was fantastic every detail is pure quality, I felt the not skin tightness of the suit was appropriate for an older rangy character, even if he has only been out in the cursed earth a wee while, he's going to loose weight & dehydrate fast. The whole thing is fantastic, I can't wait to watch the project progress.

re the name- er, who wrote the original ? shall we write & complain ? in fact they've spelt Dredd wrong, lets get them to change that while we're on.

Buddy

Can I order a costume for fancy dress??

Does it come in extra large?

Looks great... is that one of Wakes helmets or is it custom made??

Steve Green

No, it's not one of Wake's, Dan built the helmet and pads and gun from scratch.

Cheers

Steve

Buddy

Quote from: "Steve ^McWild^ Green"No, it's not one of Wake's, Dan built the helmet and pads and gun from scratch.

Cheers

Steve

The helmet is fantastic!!! Although it looks a bit too 'new', needs roughed up like the rest of the outfit.

What stage are you at in the production of this?

Hoagy

There's nothing wrong with the name minty and if it comes to it (which I don't think it should) I'll be there with those whom are " Keeping it Minty!"

The name brings up the old strip and this is obviously the whole feel of the idea and the actor and uniform bring out so much of the McMahon in the story.

Is that the early Justice building? Or is the Minty saga set post-apocolypse?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

satchmo

Proudhuff

I'm with Judge Minty Block, who you with?
DDT did a job on me

Steve Green

Heh. A schism.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=57947

shows it before all the colour correction and stuff.

Yeah, it's the Grand Hall of Justice, I just nabbed a design from the Art of Dredd book, time-wise it's supposed to be pre-apoc war, but Minty has a Lawgiver MKII, so we're taking a bit of licence.

Cheers,

Steve