Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

So you had your wife for dinner?

:-\
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Buttonman

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 08 September, 2017, 09:42:16 PM
So you had your wife for dinner?

:-\

Most nights!

Oh no it's the last night of the holiday!

Here we are at a place called Uratu al Foc - sounds like something Vic Reeves might say but it was plenty good. It does its own butchery and a woman was hacking away at meat while we gorged on her efforts outside. This was their 'bonus plan' - 32 Euros of miscellaneous meat. Lots to chew on - nice and juicy and plenty of chips too. I had one bit of steak left but slipped it to a bemused dog walker - 'para el perro' I said - dog yapped happily all the way up the street!

Zarjazzer

What big wine glasses you have. Steak dinner looks delicious.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Proudhuff

we now know where the European tatties mountain went!
Those Wegee salad's wont eat themselves...
DDT did a job on me

lincnash

"Uratu al Foc" reads like "you are all F'ed" to an Ozzer.
Not sure I would eat there, but that GIANT plate of Meat n' Chips looks very nice.
Vegetarians be damned !.

Buttonman

Back to the holiday buffet once more. I have returned from Lanzarote - Costa de Tiguise to be precise. Not as many snaps this time as it was an all inclusive so we didn't go beyond the hotel very much. The food was mostly excellent and they had some local stuff like goat and rabbit if you were so inclined. Also lots of weird food to accommodate the funny foreigners who were also berthed there.

We stayed at the Barcelo Tiguise Beach which was adults only - no, not in that way. They did accommodate the likes of me however by having bowls of Haribo as part of the dessert offering.

Let's start as we mean to go on with the healthy breakfast offering of piles of fruit :

This was all good quality and bountiful. I usually went for some pink grapefruit, fresh pineapple (although they also had rings) melon and some berry compote with a natural yogurt to mix in.

Sadly after this high I went onto the fried food offering, the Nutella on toast and then the donut wall. Diet has already begun again!

Lunch that day (same t-shirt) was in the hotel's own sports bar 'Champs'. It was good that this offered a varied menu and table service although this was still on the all inclusive tariff. Here's me with some fine beef tacos. The meat and sauce were delicious and had a good tangy flavour. Two was a slightly stingy portion but I fear three may have ended me.

Bolt-01

TordelBack

Great shirt, BM. For once a naughty Watterson knock-off delivers.

Colin YNWA

Yeah I know we're meant to be focusing on a heros return and his mighty munching. But as ever Tordelback nails it, straight to the point.

That shirt rocks!

Dandontdare

Buttonman

The trouble with all inclusive places is that you end up with a big plate of miscellaneous and unidentifiable slop and that due to the free flowing wine you always look pished. Case in point :

I can see grilled chicken, chips (natch), potato slices, jalapenos and possibly a sprig of lettuce that must have fallen onto my plate. The food was great throughout or it least it was after numerous 'vinto tintos'.

Puddings aren't always the best in these deals. Usually lots of flakey slices and tasteless gloops. To better my odds I have a go at everything here - the pick of the bunch was probably the snowball in the front. I also have some pistachio ice cream, a small tiramisu and a tasteless pastry slice.

von Boom

Whew! Glad to see you're back on form BM. That fresh fruit had me worried. Too much of that lark and you'll have to move south and turn in your kilt.

Colin YNWA

Okay your food face on that desert photo is all sorts of terrifying!

Buttonman

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 15 November, 2017, 09:27:58 PM
Okay your food face on that desert photo is all sorts of terrifying!

I'm trying to expand my range!

Link Prime